Does your protein powder contain probiotics? If not, should there be probiotics in your protein? Can you use your protein powder with probiotics at the same time?
First of all, let’s understand what probiotics are. They are live microorganisms, particularly bacteria, that are very useful for the body when taken in adequate quantities. Many foods like yogurt, buttermilk, pickles, fermented tea, cheese, etc., naturally contain probiotics.
The health benefits of probiotics for our bodies include
- Help in digestion
- Fight harmful bacteria and prevent diseases
- Produce vitamins
- Help fight harmful microorganisms consumed in food
- Helps in drug absorption
Protein powders are supplements that help build muscle, repair tissues, and make enzymes and hormones. Using these powders may also help with weight gain and loss, depending on the type you use. Every kind of protein has different benefits. Common types are whey, pea, casein, soy, and hemp.
The whey is water soluble and is popularly used by athletes. It contains all the amino acids the body requires and is easily absorbable. The pea protein is a good source of the amino acid arginine and is an excellent replacement for soy and dairy-based proteins. Casein protein is rich in glutamine, which helps in muscle recovery after exercise, and soy protein can be used instead of whey or casein by vegans. It also contains all the necessary amino acids the body requires. Hemp proteins are fatty acid based and can be used by vegans and people allergic to dairy.
All these supplements have different functions and benefits for the body. You should consult your doctor before choosing the right one for you.
Who can use protein powders? Anyone can use this supplement, depending on their needs. Protein is one of the essential nutrients for the bones, muscles, and skin. Our body requires it to produce some necessary hormones and enzymes. The health benefits of having protein powder in the body include;
- Muscle building
- Weight management
- Added nutrient
- Recovery after exercise
So should your protein powder contain probiotics? Yes, they should. Probiotics are essential for the body just as much as protein. When combined, they give great results to their consumers and users. If you are looking to increase the level of probiotics and protein in your body, why not combine both?
Benefits of having probiotics in your protein powder
- Balanced guts
Probiotics keep your gut and stomach healthy. The stomach contains the most bacteria, both good and bad, and they can affect the body in many ways. Protein powder combined with probiotics can help balance the bacteria in the gut by fighting the bad bacteria and improving digestion. Many things can lead to an imbalance in our bodies;
- Poor diet
- Birth control pills
- Pesticides in Food
- Food intolerance
- Work stress
- Alcohol consumption
These factors can kill off the good bacteria in the body or make the bad bacteria stronger and more harmful. Taking probiotics, whether contained in protein powder or naturally consumed in food and fruits, can help balance the gut microorganisms (the good ones).
- Weight management
As digestion is a major factor in weight gain or loss, probiotics have a huge effect on weight management. They help break down the food you eat and hasten digestion. If you are looking to add or lose some weight, try using a supplement with probiotics.
- Top 5 Health Benefits Of Quitting AlcoholCongratulations, you’ve decided to quit drinking! Whether you’re doing it simply for health reasons or because you realize that alcohol is negatively impacting your life, making a choice to abstain is a significant accomplishment. You can quit alcohol with helpful treatment providers like Nuview Treatment and others. And quitting alcohol can provide some significant health […]
- Home Care: What Services Does It Offer?Home care is specific care given to people who are aging in place, disabled, recovering from surgery, and chronically ill. Its main goal is to provide services to individuals who have special needs and require medical attention right in the comfort of their homes. Research shows that patients heal faster at home than at any […]
- Is Acupuncture Effective? Benefits for Stress & PainAcupuncture has gained a lot of popularity lately. It is a form of therapy that works by inserting thin needles in the human body to treat various health dilemmas. Over the past few years, it has rapidly derived a lot of attention. It claims to be a wonderful solution for various ailments and although studies […]
- Top 5 Substance Abuse Recovery ProgramsSubstance abuse is a problem that can have disastrous consequences. If you or someone you know is struggling with substance abuse, it’s essential to seek help as soon as possible. Many excellent programs are available for substance abuse recovery, such as sober living homes, and here are five of the best. The First Important Step […]
- Why Getting a WAV Can Boost Your Mental HealthOne of the most effective ways to heal the mind and spirit is by getting out into nature, whether it be through country walks or spending time near water. This is as true for wheelchair users or the able-bodied. Here are six reasons why having a WAV can boost your mental health: 1) Sense of […]
The Best Protein Powder Brands with Probiotics
Garden of Life raw organic protein.
This supplement is a clean, powerful, and healthy source of protein. It does not contain any unnecessary preservatives and is made of raw and natural ingredients. It contains live probiotics and enzymes, which add to its effectiveness in the body when consumed. It adds more benefits as these compounds are beneficial for the stomach. Gut health is very important, and good bacteria are never too abundant in the body, so this supplement is just perfect. It helps boost nutrients for any diet the consumer might be on at any time of the day. It’s also useful for building muscles and increasing your workout energy. With 22 grams of protein, 4 grams of branched amino acids, and fat-soluble vitamins like vitamins A, D, E, and K, this protein powder is an excellent source of probiotics.
Vega One All in One Shake
This supplement is manufactured for the masses with different flavors like chocolate, berry, vanilla, and coconut almonds. Nutrients like 20 grams of plant protein, vitamin C, a variety of minerals, fiber, omega- 3s, and probiotics make it an all-around effective protein powder. Each serving contains 5 grams of fat, 9 grams of carbs, 160 grams of calories, 6 grams of fiber, 1 gram of sugar, several vitamins and minerals, and some veggies like spinach, carrots, tomatoes, broccoli, algae, kale, and more.
Pure Food Plant-Based Protein Powder
Each serving contains 11 grams of protein, 70 calories, 1 gram of fat, 5 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber, no sugar, no additives, and no additional flavor. The supplement is perfect if you are looking to boost your body’s nutrient value. It helps improve gut health because of the added probiotics in it. It makes digestion easier and faster and can be used by everyone, including vegans. Other ingredients include organic pea protein, organic hemp protein, organic vanilla extract, and organic stevia extract for sweetness.
These are a few of the best protein powder brands that contain probiotics in their formulations. If you are looking for the right supplement for you and also want to keep the microbes in you alive and strong enough to fight any foreign microbes, you should try using these supplements. Also, check out probiotics in your protein powders before buying a supplement. If it doesn’t contain probiotics, you should either buy one that does or eat healthy foods that naturally contain probiotics in them.