Having the perfect smile is said to boost a person’s confidence. Sadly, in Australia, statistics show that only a third of Aussies are confident about showing off their pearly whites to the world. The rest are believed to be shy about their smiles due to various concerns.
Luckily, there are dental treatments that can be carried out by the best dentists in Geelong and beyond that can improve an individual’s smile. They include:
1- Teeth Whitening
Do you have stained, yellow teeth due to smoking, drinking and consuming food and drinks like tea, coffee, and so on, or poor oral hygiene? You don’t need to worry. There’s a dentist-approved procedure that can give you that perfect pearly white smile.
Teeth whitening is among the most popular dental procedures done by Australian dentists to countless patients nationwide. But how is it carried out?
The procedure is deemed safe and is only done by trained professionals. To carry out the procedure, the dentist will first put protection to your tongue and gums so they won’t be affected by the treatment.
Next, a tooth whitening gel is applied to the teeth and cured in a few minutes by a device that gives off a special light. The aforementioned is repeated on different sections of the teeth until the whole procedure is deemed done.
Consult a dentist for personalized advice on teeth whitening options suitable for your specific case.
Are you aiming to have that perfectly straight and aligned smile, yet you have crooked teeth here and there? Lucky for you, you can achieve the smile you’ve been longing for a long time now by availing yourself of orthodontic treatment, in particular, braces.
To begin, it’s recommended that you reach out and work with a certified orthodontist when availing yourself of braces. Why? It’s because not all dentists are trained in administering orthodontic treatments. A certified orthodontist is a dentist who has undergone additional education and training to provide competent orthodontic care. During the initial consultation, ask your orthodontist about their certification and license before moving forward.
Braces can be helpful to patients dealing with a variety of concerns ranging from misaligned, crooked, and rotated teeth. The process is painstakingly slow, yet the pay off at the end is high.
Your orthodontist can offer you different types of braces including conventional metallic braces, lingual braces, self-ligating braces, and the like. Worry not; they’ll guide you along the way and help you by creating a treatment plan that suits your case.
3- Teeth Fillings
Teeth fillings are very useful in treating slightly damaged teeth due to decay. Tooth decay occurs due to the excessive bacteria build-up that damages the tooth’s outermost layer (called the enamel). If left unchecked, the damage can penetrate even deeper and hit the tooth’s nerve endings – leading to advanced decay and persistent pain.
Oral patients with slight tooth decay can avail themselves of teeth fillings. If you want to try them out, check them with your local dentist. For starters, they may ask you to undergo an oral X-ray test to determine the severity of the decay and to see if your case is still workable.
During the procedure, the dentist will scrape off damaged areas of your teeth to prevent further damage. Then, they’ll disinfect the affected area with a cleaning solution to kill off harmful microorganisms before applying the filling.
A small amount of filling is applied next to the already sterile area. Then, a special light is used to cure the freshly applied filling material. The application is repeated until deemed necessary by your dentist. Lastly, final touches such as filing and polishing are done to improve the look and shape of your newly done teeth.
4- Dental Veneers And Crowns
To those who have extreme teeth issues like advanced decay and teeth loss, they may check out oral treatment options such as dental veneers and crowns. Both are considered restorative oral procedures that require the expertise of a specially trained dentist.
But what’s the difference between veneers and crowns?
For starters, veneers are said to be less invasive compared to crowns. In addition, they only require much less tooth filing to adhere the veneer material to the affected tooth’s surface. And veneers application only usually involves the front part of the target tooth.
On the other hand, crowns are believed to be more surgically invasive compared to veneers. Excessive surface filing is needed so the crown can be successfully attached to the tooth. The material ends up covering the whole teeth when it comes to this type of treatment.
Note that veneers and crowns are costly and are only recommended for select cases. Hop on a conversation with your dentist to find out if you’re a prime candidate to undergo any of the aforementioned treatment options.
It’s worth mentioning that if you have missing teeth, this dental professional who does dental implants in Delray Beach recommends speaking with your dentist about implants too.
General Reminders For Maintaining That Perfect Smile
Here are a few tips that you need to keep in mind to maintain that perfect smile:
– Religiously practice oral hygiene. Brush your teeth in gentle circular motions and clean off your tongue’s surface after every meal. Don’t forget to floss and gargle mouthwash after brushing your teeth.
– Visit your dentist regularly. Annual dental visits are recommended.
– Avoid certain food types. Stay away from teeth-staining beverages, hard food, and many more that can damage your teeth.
– Address oral health concerns immediately after spotting them. Prevention is better than cure. Your dentist can help you deal with oral health issues from the get-go.
The examples above are just a few that you can practice. Your dentist can give you further guidance depending on your case.
Don’t Wait To Get That Perfect Smile
Attaining the perfect smile isn’t impossible. With the help of your dentist, you can start your journey to a much more confident you right now. All the best.
- Revamping Your Fitness Regimen: Lagree Resolutions for 2024Welcome back, fitness enthusiasts! As we step into the promising landscape of 2024, it’s time to lace up those Lagree socks and kickstart the year with a renewed commitment to our fitness goals. As you already know, December is the time to reflect on our Lagree progress and set specific fitness goals for the upcoming… Read more: Revamping Your Fitness Regimen: Lagree Resolutions for 2024
- Understanding Alcohol Abuse and AddictionWhat is alcohol abuse? Alcohol abuse refers to drinking patterns that cause harm to one’s health, relationships, or ability to work. This includes binge drinking and chronic heavy drinking. Potential effects are liver disease, accidents, conflicts with loved ones, mental health issues like depression, and reduced life quality. Recognizing alcohol abuse early enables seeking help… Read more: Understanding Alcohol Abuse and Addiction
- How to Prove Long-Term Disability in Slip and Fall Injuries in Chicago?Slip and fall accidents can result in severe injuries, leading to long-term disability for the victims. When such incidents occur in Chicago, understanding how to prove long-term disability is crucial for seeking compensation and ensuring justice. In this guide, we’ll delve into the steps involved in proving long-term disability in slip and fall injuries in… Read more: How to Prove Long-Term Disability in Slip and Fall Injuries in Chicago?
- Tips and Tricks for Success in Surviving and Thriving in NCLEX BootcampNursing is a vital and challenging profession. As nursing students gear up for the NCLEX bootcamp – they face a test that is both a rite of passage and a gateway to their careers. Succeeding in the bootcamp NCLEX is not just about academic prowess. It’s a test of endurance, resilience, and a strategic mindset.… Read more: Tips and Tricks for Success in Surviving and Thriving in NCLEX Bootcamp
- Targeting Pain: Conditions Treated by Chiropractic Services and Physical TherapyLiving with pain can feel like a never-ending battle where relief seems just out of reach. It’s like having your own personal rain cloud that follows you around, even on the brightest days. But a beacon of hope shines in the healthcare landscape, where practices like Austin Preferred Integrative Medicine offer more than just a quick fix.… Read more: Targeting Pain: Conditions Treated by Chiropractic Services and Physical Therapy