Have you heard about essential oils? From casual users to those who swear by its life-changing benefits, these products have caused quite a stir in the health and beauty industry. Although they are not a new invention, new uses for the product have ushered in new possibilities for many brands, particularly in the skincare sphere.
Essential oils can potentially bring you and your skin many benefits when used right. Depending on your skin’s needs, there may just be an essential oil for it. As with trying out most new products, you must learn more about them before testing them out to ensure your safety. With that in mind, here are four things you should know about using essential oils on your skin.
What Exactly Are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are generally considered to be plant extracts concentrated into oils. A more technical, in-depth definition of them would be volatile compounds processed through an array of methods, including steam distillation, solvent extraction, enfleurage, maceration, pressing, and many more. The potential effects of the oils produced from such processes are highly dependent on the plants and flowers they are made with, as they are highly concentrated versions of these various main ingredients.
Essential oils and their professed properties have garnered much scrutiny and discussion in the medical world. While many are skeptical, some experts swear by them. Many researchers assert that not only are essential oils safe for usage, but they are also able to bring many positive benefits to your skin, aside from just being the mere scents they’re widely known to be. All in all, essential oils are concentrated extracts that can help lead your skin to better days, depending on how you and your doctor can capitalize on them to suit your needs.
Why Use Essential Oils On Your Skin?
Essential oils promise to bring many benefits to one’s skin. Some claim to help with insomnia, inflammation, hair growth, and body pain and provide relief for certain sores according to this helpful post. Similarly, some also claim that they can add value to your beauty routine by promising moisture-locking effects, antimicrobial properties, and being vitamin and antioxidant-enriched, among other things.
When met with such promises, the general rule of thumb should be if it’s too good to be true, it probably isn’t. Although there is no need to be highly cynical about essential oils, as some are backed with sound research, it is also just as vital that you are still careful and selective with the oils you start to use on your skin. Overall, with proper research and enough expert consultations, you can consider incorporating essential oils into your skincare.
Essential Oils On Skin
Many essential oils on the market today are crafted to be used directly on the skin. They claim to boost your skin’s health and facilitate healing, among other benefits. These said essential oils not only come in actual oils, but also lotions, soaps, lathers, hair treatments, and many more.
If you’re keen on trying out essential oils directly on your skin, consider doing patch tests first with the oils and products you want to use. Because it is hard to predict how exactly your skin will react to certain oils, it is always advisable to do said patch tests first and then observe them before incorporating the essential oils into your daily routine.
Indirect Applications of Essential Oils
The indirect usage of essential oil usually pertains to its diffusion in the air. You inhale its scent and more as you diffuse oils in the room through humidifiers. They are also additives to baths, and some steam treatments can also make use of essential oils. Many also choose to dilute them for various uses.
Can Essential Oils Be Medicinal Topicals Too?
While some essential oils can promise the same effects that topicals and ointments do, in the end, they are yet to be strictly classified as medicine by health authorities. Although sometimes mistaken as such, it is also untrue that essential oils are devoid of any medicinal effects. So, while some oils and products derived from them can aid in healing certain skin conditions, they should not be completely substituted for prescribed medication. Ultimately, when struggling with skin problems you should still consult with an expert before dabbling in essential oils usage.
Essential oils can offer a wide array of benefits to your skin’s overall well-being. Depending on what you seek, they can promise to alleviate a certain range of symptoms and can be incorporated into your beauty routine. When starting to use them, it is still crucial that you do your fair share of research on each oil you want to use and the health and beauty claims behind each one. Keeping in mind the points mentioned above can help further your learning journey in the world of using essential oils and therefore enable you to enjoy their advantages sooner than later.
- Bridal Spa Package: 6 Benefits of Getting a Pre-Wedding MassageAre you about to get married? Are you wondering, “Is a prewedding massage a good idea?” If so, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll examine the benefits of getting a bridal spa package. As you can imagine, there are plenty of them, which makes the service well worth looking into, … Read more
- Choosing the Right Pharmacy for Your FamilyLiving in the heart of Clarksville, Tennessee, presents numerous choices for every aspect of life. And when it comes to the health and well-being of your family, making an informed decision about which pharmacy to trust becomes essential. Here’s a guide to help you through this choice. 1- Proximity Matters: Convenience in Times of Need … Read more
- Battle of the Boosters: Total War Pre-Workout vs Big Noise Pre-WorkoutAre you prepared to work out more? Pre-workout supplements should boost motivation and focus so you can work harder. The best training gear can be hard to choose with so many possibilities. Simple comparison: Total War Pre-Workout and Big Noise Pre-Workout are the two most popular pre-workout supplements. To help you, we’ll provide each supplement’s … Read more
- GLASGOW’S NADCELL CLINIC: WHERE YOUR HEALH MATTERS MOSTIn the bustling heart of Glasgow, a beacon of healthcare excellence shines bright – the Nadcell Clinic. With a legacy spanning over three decades, Nadcell Clinic has earned its reputation as a healthcare institution where your well-being truly matters. A Commitment to Excellence Nadcell Clinic’s journey began in 1990 when Dr. Nadia Henderson, a visionary … Read more
- What to Look for When Choosing a ChiropractorDo you have that niggling pain in your back or that stubborn stiff neck that just won’t budge? If so, we get it! According to the WHO’s report, In 2020, 619 million people around the world had lower back pain. It’s believed that this number will go up to 843 million by 2050. Shocking, isn’t … Read more