Are you lacking a tooth and looking for options other than removable dentures? Dental implants can be excellent alternatives with various benefits. A dental implant is a medical device made from titanium metal. It is surgically installed as an artificial root to provide support to the jaw and adjacent teeth. The best part is they feel and fit like regular teeth.
This procedure is ideal for people with deteriorating teeth and long-term dental issues. People with missing teeth or those who have received an injury to their natural teeth can also opt for it.
If you are wondering where to get this procedure done, you can find it in most dental clinics. Cities like Charlotte, which have a large population and serve as a commercial hub, are likely to have well-reputed dental clinics.
However, before you go for the procedure, here are some things you should be aware of.
1. Involves Some Risks
Dental implants have certain risks that you should consider before getting them installed. Primarily, there is a chance that the natural teeth beside the implant could suffer some damage.
Even the surrounding tissues could be affected, resulting in sinus perforation. You may also have to be thorough while cleaning the implant, as it makes the cleaning process difficult. Not doing so can lead to bacterial buildup, which can cause issues like tooth decay or gum disease.
Sometimes the implant isn’t aligned correctly. It can cause difficulties in chewing, as your teeth may not bite together properly.
Dentists can also be careless during surgery, as they may accidentally fracture your jawbone during the installation process.
That is why it is imperative to look for a reputable clinic. Dental implants services in Charlotte, NC, are known for being safer, as dentists there are highly experienced. To prevent such risks, you should always check the credentials before opting for a dental implant procedure.
2. Has Several Benefits
You might look at the price of dental implants and reconsider getting them. However, the procedure has numerous benefits that can improve your quality of life.
Dealing with a missing or injured tooth can make eating very challenging. Dental implants can ensure your chewing function goes back to normal. It can allow you to eat nutritious solid meals instead of soft food that may not be as healthy.
Several people also opt for implants to improve their cosmetic appearance, as missing teeth can ruin their aesthetics.
Moreover, losing your tooth can also damage the jawbone providing support to the tooth. That can result in your jaw receding, making your mouth appear sunken.
You may also encounter various fine lines around the mouth. A dental implant can prevent this from happening by providing support to the jaw.
3. The Surgery Is Not Complicated
Some people look at the risks involved and assume the surgery is complicated. That is far from the case, as it is done routinely and has a 98% success rate.
Before you get the implant, you will undergo a dental exam to understand the severity of the problem. The dentist will evaluate the results and discuss a treatment plan.
Moreover, local anesthesia is provided to ensure you don’t suffer any discomfort or pain. You can also choose whether or not you are comfortable getting sedated. Your dental implants will heal and replace your missing teeth within three to six months.
Dentists also check beforehand whether a person is reasonably healthy and an eligible candidate before doing the procedure. They will ensure your gums are healthy and you have a robust structure to support the implant.
4. You Must Take Care Of Oral Hygiene
You may be thinking once you have dental implants, you won’t get any cavities, so you can get away with not brushing regularly. That is not the case, as cavities have ways of creeping in even after getting the procedure. Hence, it is essential to brush and floss daily to prevent oral issues from arising.
Your other teeth will not be guarded against bacteria, so they aren’t immune to tartar or plaque buildup. Moreover, your implants might get infected if you don’t take proper care of them. This dentist in Sun City highly recommends that you take care of your implant just like they are one of your normal teeth.
It is better to prevent such issues before they force you to replace the implants. It is also advisable to visit your dentist every few months for thorough cleaning.
5. Dental Implants Are Evaluated For Safety
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) develops standards that determine what materials are safe. Most dental implants are made of zirconium oxide and titanium.
These are deemed safe by the organization and cause no issues when installed in the mouth or jaw. Some people also use materials like titanium alloys or gold alloys in certain cases.
These safety regulations ensure that the implants do not cause issues like allergic reactions once they come in contact with the body. Hence, you can ease your concerns and opt for a dental implant without worrying about safety.
6. Last A Long Time
Wouldn’t you want a solution for your missing teeth that lasted a lifetime? Dentures and bridges can last for seven to ten years. However, dental implants can last even longer if you take good care of them. You may have to get thorough cleaning from the dentist from time to time.
7. You Can Eat Anything
It can be difficult when you have a feast in front of you, but you cannot consume it. The benefit of dental implants is that they allow you to eat everything without causing discomfort.
You don’t need to worry about it falling out even if the food is hard in consistency. The same cannot be said for dentures that sometimes slide around when you’re eating, which can be frustrating and uncomfortable.
Maintaining care of your teeth can be a complicated process. You need to brush and floss regularly. If a tooth falls out, you need to take immediate action and visit the dentist. That is where dental implants come in to provide natural results and numerous benefits.
Though it involves some risks, it has become a routine procedure. All you need to do is consult your dentist right away, agree on a treatment plan, and enjoy your brand-new dental implants.
- Top 9 Dental Procedures for Healthy TeethDental health is essential to our well-being, and appropriate dental procedures are crucial in maintaining healthy teeth. From cavity prevention to cosmetic procedures, let’s delve into the realm of dental care to discover the most effective ways to keep our teeth healthy. Learn the top nine dental procedures for preventing oral issues and restoring and… Read more: Top 9 Dental Procedures for Healthy Teeth
- Miles & Mentors: A Runner’s Journey with Expert GuidanceIn distance running, the journey from novice to experienced marathoner is often fraught with challenges, setbacks, and, most importantly, moments of profound personal growth. The guidance of a knowledgeable mentor, particularly a running coach, can be transformative, providing technical advice, emotional support, and motivation. This article explores a runner’s journey with expert guidance. The Role… Read more: Miles & Mentors: A Runner’s Journey with Expert Guidance
- Revamping Your Fitness Regimen: Lagree Resolutions for 2024Welcome back, fitness enthusiasts! As we step into the promising landscape of 2024, it’s time to lace up those Lagree socks and kickstart the year with a renewed commitment to our fitness goals. As you already know, December is the time to reflect on our Lagree progress and set specific fitness goals for the upcoming… Read more: Revamping Your Fitness Regimen: Lagree Resolutions for 2024
- Understanding Alcohol Abuse and AddictionWhat is alcohol abuse? Alcohol abuse refers to drinking patterns that cause harm to one’s health, relationships, or ability to work. This includes binge drinking and chronic heavy drinking. Potential effects are liver disease, accidents, conflicts with loved ones, mental health issues like depression, and reduced life quality. Recognizing alcohol abuse early enables seeking help… Read more: Understanding Alcohol Abuse and Addiction
- How to Prove Long-Term Disability in Slip and Fall Injuries in Chicago?Slip and fall accidents can result in severe injuries, leading to long-term disability for the victims. When such incidents occur in Chicago, understanding how to prove long-term disability is crucial for seeking compensation and ensuring justice. In this guide, we’ll delve into the steps involved in proving long-term disability in slip and fall injuries in… Read more: How to Prove Long-Term Disability in Slip and Fall Injuries in Chicago?
- Tips and Tricks for Success in Surviving and Thriving in NCLEX BootcampNursing is a vital and challenging profession. As nursing students gear up for the NCLEX bootcamp – they face a test that is both a rite of passage and a gateway to their careers. Succeeding in the bootcamp NCLEX is not just about academic prowess. It’s a test of endurance, resilience, and a strategic mindset.… Read more: Tips and Tricks for Success in Surviving and Thriving in NCLEX Bootcamp