Are you looking for the most sanitary equipment for your healthcare facility’s restroom? Here are the best types of commercial paper towel dispensers for you.
It’s important to supply patients, staff, and visitors with adequate and accessible bathroom supplies. One such essential restroom supply is a paper towel dispenser. Read on to discover the best type of commercial paper towel dispenser for you and your healthcare facility’s restroom.
Importance of Paper Towel Dispensers in Commercial Bathrooms
The importance of supplying patients, staff, and visitors with plenty of accessible paper towels cannot be understated. Drying your hands is an essential step following restroom use that helps limit cross-contamination and the spread of illness.
Commercial dispensers neatly contain and deliver paper towels for bathroom patrons, increasing the cleanliness of the space and the experience for the individual. They also ensure that additional paper towels aren’t accidentally touched and potentially contaminated.
Different Commercial Paper Towel Dispensers
Now that you know the importance of having these devices in your facility’s commercial restroom, we can explore the various types of paper towel dispensers. Furthermore, we can determine the best applications for each product and which is best for your facility’s needs.
Manual Paper Towel Dispensers
Manual paper towel dispensers are extremely common in commercial bathrooms, albeit less so in healthcare environments. These paper towel dispensers feature unpowered mechanisms—such as levers and spinning wheels—to dispense the desired amount of paper towels. The user controls these devices manually and can repeat the mechanical function to retrieve more paper towels.
While manual paper towel dispensers are easily accessible and excellent at maintaining order in the restroom, they’re not great for preventing cross-contamination. If an individual incorrectly washes their hands and then touches the dispenser, they can potentially spread germs to the next bathroom patron.
Touch-activated devices are often battery-powered and feature a pre-programmed mechanism that’s activated by tapping a sensor. These paper towel dispensers can be modified to better control the number of sheets dispensed each time the sensor is tapped. Much like manual dispensers, touch-activated dispensers help organize paper towels in an easily accessible location. However, they are still susceptible to cross-contamination.
The last type of commercial paper towel dispenser is the touch-free variation. Like the touch-activated dispenser, these devices are battery-powered and allow for customization of the delay and quantity of paper towels to dispense. However, touch-free equipment is activated with motion sensors that notice hand movement. Unlike the two above-listed dispensers, these dispensers are better at curbing the spread of illness, as even restroom users who have not properly washed their hands will not contaminate the dispenser for future bathroom users.
Which Is Best for Your Facility?
So of the three types of commercial paper towel dispensers, which is the best type for you and your facility? There are plenty of benefits associated with manual and touch-activated devices, including superior organization and affordability. However, touch-free paper towel dispensers are by far the best at preventing cross-contamination, making them the ideal equipment for a healthcare environment.
- Improving Dental Practice Revenue with Strategic Analytics: A Deep DiveThe business of running a dental practice is evolving in the digital age, shifting from gut instinct to data-driven decisions. The toolkit of the modern dental practitioner is not merely a well-calibrated probe and a steady hand but also the power of analytics. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore the world of dental practice analytics,… Read more: Improving Dental Practice Revenue with Strategic Analytics: A Deep Dive
- The Vital Role of Pelvic Ultrasound in Gynaecology: Unveiling Hidden ConditionsIn the realm of gynaecology, pelvic ultrasound emerges as a cornerstone diagnostic tool, pivotal in the early detection and management of a spectrum of conditions that affect women’s reproductive health. This non-invasive imaging technique plays a crucial role in unveiling conditions such as ectopic pregnancies, ovarian cysts, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), fibroids, and endometriosis, among… Read more: The Vital Role of Pelvic Ultrasound in Gynaecology: Unveiling Hidden Conditions
- Drugs and Wellness: Navigating the Role of Medications in Primary HealthcareWhen it comes to maintaining our health, primary care is often the first line of defense. A symphony of factors, from lifestyle adjustments to medical interventions such as preventative medicine, come together in this crucial arena. But let’s zero in on one particular section of the orchestra – medications. They often play a dual role, acting… Read more: Drugs and Wellness: Navigating the Role of Medications in Primary Healthcare
- Shape Lives by Becoming a Personal Trainer and NutritionistHalf of all U.S. adults will be overweight by 2030. That’s a scary statistic. But it’s also an opportunity for you to make a difference in people’s lives. Becoming a personal trainer and nutritionist is a great way to help people reach their fitness goals. You will work with clients, helping them set goals and… Read more: Shape Lives by Becoming a Personal Trainer and Nutritionist
- How the Litter Stretcher Revolutionized Emergency Medical ServicesWhether you are camping in the wilderness or responding to a disaster, having the right tools can make all the difference in emergencies. One essential tool that is often overlooked is a litter stretcher. A litter stretcher, also known as a rescue stretcher or Stokes basket. It is a lightweight and durable device used to… Read more: How the Litter Stretcher Revolutionized Emergency Medical Services
- Creating A Patient-Friendly Environment: Best Practices In Dental Clinic DesignProviding high-quality dental care involves more than just technical expertise; it also requires a well-designed clinic that prioritizes patient comfort and satisfaction. After all, a patient-friendly clinic can alleviate anxiety, improve the overall patient experience, and even enhance the efficiency of dental procedures. Join us in this article as we explore the best practices in… Read more: Creating A Patient-Friendly Environment: Best Practices In Dental Clinic Design