Does your current waiting room make a good first impression? All patients deserve a comfortable waiting area before their appointment. Luckily, you don’t need to remodel the entire space; try these ways to improve your dental office waiting room.
Greet Every Patient
Once a patient steps inside the facility, front desk staff should greet them with a warm and friendly smile and a “hello.” It makes guests feel welcome in a sometimes difficult or stressful environment.
Even if you’re in the middle of booking another appointment or on the phone, acknowledge the patient’s presence by saying something like “be right with you” or “hold on for a moment.” Guests don’t want to feel ignored, so be sure to greet them as soon as they come in.
Choose Comfortable Furniture
No patient wants to sit on uncomfortable furniture while they wait for their appointment. If you don’t enjoy the couch and chairs, why would you expect someone else to? Pick out comfortable furniture such as waiting area chairs, and ensure there’s enough space for everyone to move around comfortably.
Also, choose furniture and flooring that’s easy to clean and maintain. After all, patients don’t want to sit on chairs covered in mystery stains.
Include Personality and Color
Don’t paint all the walls stark white or beige. That’s boring! A bold accent wall can add depth and personality to the space. You could try a shade of blue for a calming effect on patients. Or add a mural of your favorite flower for extra pizazz. Patients appreciate things to admire and view while sitting in the waiting area.
Add decals to the waiting room walls if you’re a pediatric dental office. Kids love animals, trucks, bugs, princesses, dinosaurs, and more. Go above and behind and give each room in the office a theme!
Play Soft Tunes
Soft music helps drown out the sounds of the dental tools in the back. It can help patients feel relaxed. Avoid playing anything too harsh or rough; jazz music or soft pop are two great options to have floating through the speakers. Ensure the music selection is relaxing and tasteful, and avoid playing anything offensive.
Don’t play the speaker system too loudly, either. Professionals need to focus, and patients could be working on something or reading in the waiting area. Search for an ad-free playlist that will continuously play without you having to do a thing.
Be Diligent About Cleaning
No patient will make another appointment at an office littered with trash or dirt. Wipe down all flat surfaces to keep germs at bay. Vacuum before opening the office and after closing to eliminate all outside elements. Also, empty the garbage at the end of the day.
Maintain a thorough and consistent cleaning schedule to stay on top of tasks. Patients will appreciate the clean waiting area.
Use technology to your advantage in the office. Implement messaging technology to remind and confirm patients about appointments to reduce wait times. You can also add a digital screen in the area. Indoor LED screens can bring plenty of benefits to any business, including your dental office. Display any material on a clear, vibrant screen for all customers to read while waiting.
Adding these dental office waiting room improvements can boost business and make patients comfortable. You won’t regret these upgrades.
- Improving Dental Practice Revenue with Strategic Analytics: A Deep DiveThe business of running a dental practice is evolving in the digital age, shifting from gut instinct to data-driven decisions. The toolkit of the modern dental practitioner is not merely a well-calibrated probe and a steady hand but also the power of analytics. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore the world of dental practice analytics,… Read more: Improving Dental Practice Revenue with Strategic Analytics: A Deep Dive
- The Vital Role of Pelvic Ultrasound in Gynaecology: Unveiling Hidden ConditionsIn the realm of gynaecology, pelvic ultrasound emerges as a cornerstone diagnostic tool, pivotal in the early detection and management of a spectrum of conditions that affect women’s reproductive health. This non-invasive imaging technique plays a crucial role in unveiling conditions such as ectopic pregnancies, ovarian cysts, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), fibroids, and endometriosis, among… Read more: The Vital Role of Pelvic Ultrasound in Gynaecology: Unveiling Hidden Conditions
- Drugs and Wellness: Navigating the Role of Medications in Primary HealthcareWhen it comes to maintaining our health, primary care is often the first line of defense. A symphony of factors, from lifestyle adjustments to medical interventions such as preventative medicine, come together in this crucial arena. But let’s zero in on one particular section of the orchestra – medications. They often play a dual role, acting… Read more: Drugs and Wellness: Navigating the Role of Medications in Primary Healthcare
- Shape Lives by Becoming a Personal Trainer and NutritionistHalf of all U.S. adults will be overweight by 2030. That’s a scary statistic. But it’s also an opportunity for you to make a difference in people’s lives. Becoming a personal trainer and nutritionist is a great way to help people reach their fitness goals. You will work with clients, helping them set goals and… Read more: Shape Lives by Becoming a Personal Trainer and Nutritionist
- How the Litter Stretcher Revolutionized Emergency Medical ServicesWhether you are camping in the wilderness or responding to a disaster, having the right tools can make all the difference in emergencies. One essential tool that is often overlooked is a litter stretcher. A litter stretcher, also known as a rescue stretcher or Stokes basket. It is a lightweight and durable device used to… Read more: How the Litter Stretcher Revolutionized Emergency Medical Services
- Creating A Patient-Friendly Environment: Best Practices In Dental Clinic DesignProviding high-quality dental care involves more than just technical expertise; it also requires a well-designed clinic that prioritizes patient comfort and satisfaction. After all, a patient-friendly clinic can alleviate anxiety, improve the overall patient experience, and even enhance the efficiency of dental procedures. Join us in this article as we explore the best practices in… Read more: Creating A Patient-Friendly Environment: Best Practices In Dental Clinic Design
- What is The Success Rate of IVF on the First Try?In vitro fertilization (IVF) represents a significant advancement in medical science. It offers hope to couples struggling with infertility. This process involves extracting eggs from a woman’s ovaries and fertilizing them with sperm in a lab setting. The fertilized eggs, or embryos, are then transferred back into the woman’s uterus, hoping for successful implantation and… Read more: What is The Success Rate of IVF on the First Try?