Sometimes, we’re too busy with our job that we don’t have enough time to cook meals properly, have a workout schedule, or even do the shopping for food. Because of this, our general health might be put at risk. Not only that, but a sedentary lifestyle paired with a questionable diet could cause your impending obesity.
We all know that our health is essential, but our work makes it easy to neglect it. However, that statement is wrong. Bariatric surgery can help us lose weight and avoid many more health risks.
But why should you try bariatric surgery? Here are some reasons why.
Joint Pain Relief
Obesity is a cause of joint pain. This is because, over time, the flexibility of our joints gets decreased, and with obesity, this can arrive faster, leading to more joint problems down the line. This is because, due to your weight, your joints are having problems keeping you up, which is why many people complain about joint pain, especially in their knees.
Fortunately, with bariatric surgery, you’ll have an easier time losing weight, leading to improved joints. Paired with proper exercise and a balanced diet, a decrease in your weight will lessen your joints’ stress. You can lead a more active lifestyle with healthier joints by playing sports or going to the gym regularly. Usually, they will also hook you up with physical therapy for your joint pain, especially after surgery.
Bariatric surgery is getting more popular in the U.S. and other countries. In fact, in 2020, the number of bariatric surgeries is expected to increase in the next five years, with sleeve gastrectomy and Roux-en-Y being the most utilized procedures. In Canada, back in 2017 alone, there were 8583 publicly funded bariatric surgeries, and the number is steadily increasing since then.
In Australia, the number of eligible patients for bariatric surgery is expected to rise. In fact, during 2020, the current maximum yearly demand was projected to be 341,343, which is eight times the capacity of private and public sectors, which only have 41,534 capacity per year.
We can only imagine the numbers to be higher at the end of this year. While there are a lot of bariatric surgeons Sydney or in Perth, there’s a good chance that getting an appointment for surgery can be challenging.
Long-Term Remission for Type 2 Diabetes
One study reports that bariatric surgery can improve type 2 diabetes and obesity. Because of the procedure, patients with type 2 diabetes will get relief at least three years after the surgery. However, note that there’s still no unified conclusion about this effect. But in the short-term, bariatric surgery is good for people with type 2 diabetes.
Improved Cardiovascular Health
Weight loss surgery has proven effective for coronary heart disease, peripheral heart disease, and stroke. Not only that, but the procedure can also prevent the risk of death due to stroke, hypertension, and myocardial infarction, according to one study.
Also, the procedure can improve your blood pressure and cholesterol levels back to normal after the surgery, reducing the risks of obesity. Paired with exercise and a balanced diet, these benefits can be boosted to make you even healthier.
More Physical Energy
You might be thinking that since the surgery involves making your stomach smaller, that might mean that your body is not taking enough energy. That’s false. It has been observed that since people lose weight a lot, they are more energetic due to their confidence and more efficient gastric system. Not only that, but this could also be because their cardiovascular health is improved, keeping their endurance up and making them last longer in the gym.
Relief from Depression
A lot of people are depressed because of their poor physical image. Most of these people are obese and don’t have the confidence to show off their bodies, which probably also scares them from going to the gym. But with bariatric surgery, they can now slowly work their way into a better physical image, giving them confidence and at least a small bit of relief from depression. In short, they now have healthier mental health since they have more confidence and increased self-esteem.
Increase in Fertility
Obesity causes a decreased fertility rate among women. Not only that, but if they get pregnant, the delivery might be dangerous for both the woman and the baby. Thankfully, by losing weight with bariatric surgery, women’s fertility rate will vastly increase and reduce the risks during delivery.
Obesity is a real problem that many people suffer from daily. From joint pains to depression, there are many other adverse effects that obesity can cause on both our physical and mental health. Thankfully, there are other options for overweight people to lose weight besides regular exercise and a balanced diet. With medical procedures such as bariatric surgery, losing weight is now very much possible.
- Affording Addiction Rehab: Navigating the Financial Barriers to TreatmentAddiction rehab is a serious matter, as many people are becoming addicted because of one or the other reason. You will be alarmed to know that according to the National Center for Drug Abuse Statistics (NCDAS), 50 percent of the population aged above 12 years have used addictive substances at least once in their life. […]
- 7 Natural Solutions for Treating Insomnia and Improving Your Sleep QualityWhen insomnia becomes chronic, it can take a toll on your mental and physical health. If you’re suffering from persistent sleeplessness, finding the right treatments to help improve your sleep quality is essential. Fortunately, natural approaches to treating insomnia can have a positive effect. In this blog post, we’ll discuss seven proven strategies for naturally […]
- Eating Disorder Patients are being Failed in the UKAn eating disorder is a mental health condition where the afflicted person uses the control of food to cope with negative feelings. The types of eating disorders include anorexia nervosa, bulimia and binge eating disorder. Each of these conditions can become debilitating for the person affected unless they have the right care and treatment. Who […]
- 7 Medically Proven Benefits of Taking MultivitaminsIt’s no secret that vitamins are essential for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Studies have shown numerous benefits to taking multivitamins, ranging from improved mental focus and energy levels to better skin and hair. This article has explored the top seven medically proven health benefits of taking multivitamins every day. Boosting Your Energy Levels Multivitamins contain […]
- Is Turkesterone A Steroid? Key Facts You Must KnowWith increasing technological advancements, there were many scientific studies based on steroids. However, these studies took place on consumers and slowly examined the effects of steroids on the user. There were many cases of them affecting users in a worse manner and producing side effects in the user. In some cases, these steroids also cause […]
- Why Build a Private Gym at Home? Our Tips and AdviceBuilding your own gym is one of the best ways to help reach your fitness goals without needing to leave your home. Going to the gym can be stressful, time-consuming, and exhausting – let alone inconvenient when you can’t use the right equipment. If you’ve got a little extra space or an empty garage, you’re […]