Deciding to adopt a healthier lifestyle is the first step towards achieving your fitness goals, sticking to them is considerably harder. The unpredictability of day-to-day living means it is understandably difficult to stay focused on your fitness journey.
A 2023 study found that 80% of Brits had given up on their health goals by February but there are some things you can do to see the changes you want. Here are some tips you can use to stick to your health goals and improve your fitness without feeling like you’re forcing yourself:
Choose the Right Goals for You
You don’t need to be too hard on yourself when it comes to getting healthy. By setting realistic and attainable goals for yourself you can keep up your enthusiasm throughout your fitness journey. You can work towards these goals one at a time without feeling overwhelmed by doing it all at once.
Once you’ve met your initial fitness goals, you can work on increasing them. The point is that your goals are achievable for you and that you undertake them at your own pace.
Make it an Everyday Thing
Not all of us have enough time in the day to fit in a rigorous workout but including fitness into your routine, every day is a great way to keep you feeling motivated. Small, consistent actions are better for you and more likely to have an effect than big, infrequent ones. Something as small as going on a daily walk has wondrous physical benefits.
Lingerie specialists Hunkemöller conducted a wellness study on popular social media trends and found that 28% of UK adults have tried a fitness trend. Popular ones included the 30-Day Water Gallon of Water Challenge and Hot Girl Walks. Hot Girl Walks is a TikTok walking trend that encourages walkers to do a daily four-mile walk while listening to a motivational playlist or podcast whilst thinking about how grateful they are.
Hunkemöller found that 20% of participants, including almost a fifth of men, had taken part in the challenge and had a positive experience.
It can be difficult not to compare yourself to fitness models or athletes and it’s important to remember that these people have teams of professionals helping them and years of experience. There are some serious side effects of overexercising so resist the urge to overexert past your limits and include rest days into your workout routine.
Hunkemöller found that some online challenges were not for the faint-hearted and impacted every aspect of daily life, like the 75-day Hard Challenge. According to personal trainer James Bickerstaff, continuous exercise without rest days can increase your likelihood of injuries like stress fractures and iliotibial band syndrome so it should be avoided.
- Revamping Your Fitness Regimen: Lagree Resolutions for 2024Welcome back, fitness enthusiasts! As we step into the promising landscape of 2024, it’s time to lace up those Lagree socks and kickstart the year with a renewed commitment to our fitness goals. As you already know, December is the time to reflect on our Lagree progress and set specific fitness goals for the upcoming… Read more: Revamping Your Fitness Regimen: Lagree Resolutions for 2024
- Understanding Alcohol Abuse and AddictionWhat is alcohol abuse? Alcohol abuse refers to drinking patterns that cause harm to one’s health, relationships, or ability to work. This includes binge drinking and chronic heavy drinking. Potential effects are liver disease, accidents, conflicts with loved ones, mental health issues like depression, and reduced life quality. Recognizing alcohol abuse early enables seeking help… Read more: Understanding Alcohol Abuse and Addiction
- How to Prove Long-Term Disability in Slip and Fall Injuries in Chicago?Slip and fall accidents can result in severe injuries, leading to long-term disability for the victims. When such incidents occur in Chicago, understanding how to prove long-term disability is crucial for seeking compensation and ensuring justice. In this guide, we’ll delve into the steps involved in proving long-term disability in slip and fall injuries in… Read more: How to Prove Long-Term Disability in Slip and Fall Injuries in Chicago?
- Tips and Tricks for Success in Surviving and Thriving in NCLEX BootcampNursing is a vital and challenging profession. As nursing students gear up for the NCLEX bootcamp – they face a test that is both a rite of passage and a gateway to their careers. Succeeding in the bootcamp NCLEX is not just about academic prowess. It’s a test of endurance, resilience, and a strategic mindset.… Read more: Tips and Tricks for Success in Surviving and Thriving in NCLEX Bootcamp
- Targeting Pain: Conditions Treated by Chiropractic Services and Physical TherapyLiving with pain can feel like a never-ending battle where relief seems just out of reach. It’s like having your own personal rain cloud that follows you around, even on the brightest days. But a beacon of hope shines in the healthcare landscape, where practices like Austin Preferred Integrative Medicine offer more than just a quick fix.… Read more: Targeting Pain: Conditions Treated by Chiropractic Services and Physical Therapy
- How to Prepare for Your First Chiropractic SessionIf you’re considering visiting a chiropractor for the first time, it’s important to know what to expect and how to prepare for your initial session. Chiropractic care focuses on spinal care and can provide relief from back and neck pain while promoting overall wellness. By taking a few simple steps to get ready, you can… Read more: How to Prepare for Your First Chiropractic Session