Good quality, clean air can improve employees’ performance and productivity in the workplace, according to multiple studies. Indoor air quality is important to workers, with 43% saying they’re very or extremely worried about the quality of the air in the building they work in. As an employer, you must look out for your employees’ health and provide a safe environment for them to work in. So, if you’re not already focusing on the air quality of your premises, now is the time to start.
Monitor Humidity Levels
Indoor humidity levels typically affect the quality of indoor air when it’s 50% or above. Similarly, if humidity levels are too low, indoor air is impacted.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recommends that indoor humidity should be between 20% and 60% to keep employees healthy. If the humidity is too high in your workplace, microorganisms will quickly grow.
This increases the risk of allergies and allergy-like symptoms. When the humidity is too low, your employees may feel uncomfortable due to dryness of the eyes, skin, mouth, and similar.
A digital humidity and temperature meter will let you monitor the humidity levels in your business, so you can take appropriate action. This may include using a dehumidifier, humidifier, or utilizing air conditioning.
Improve Your Cleaning Standards
73% of workers say they’d like their place of work to be cleaned every day. While some businesses may get a quick wipe-over daily, a thorough clean is unlikely.
You should seriously think about upping your cleaning though as the more dust, dirt, and bacteria that are removed from your business premises, the better the indoor air quality will be.
As a result, your employees are less likely to develop asthma or allergies. There are professional cleaning services that you can use to keep your building spick and span. These providers are based across the US, including Philadelphia, Austin, and Huntsville.
Look for one that specializes in cleaning commercial buildings so you can be sure that your employees are protected as much as possible.
Let Fresh Air In
Air conditioning is good for reducing the humidity in your workplace. But, when it comes to keeping the air quality healthy, nothing beats fresh air. Air con is a big source of disagreements in the workplace, with 4 in 10 admitting to arguing with their colleagues about it.
There’s a risk that your building’s air con will negatively impact indoor air quality as it can release dust and bacteria into the air that your employees breathe in. Respiratory issues are then likely to occur.
Fresh air is a much better option as it can improve workers’ moods, boost their immune system (which means fewer sick days), and increase energy levels. It does this by removing pollutants lurking indoors and circulating clean air.
The quality of the indoor air in your business premises is the key to a healthy workforce. By keeping a close eye on the air quality and working to improve it, your business and your employees will benefit.
- Enhancing Marketing Decisions: The Power of Optimized Messaging in Campaign BundlingMessaging plays a crucial role in targeting customers, especially when they have been regular with the updates. Here, customized message bundles can be a great resource in bundling and channelling the audience to improve efficiency. These campaigns involve group marketing and targeting the audience with a unified and coordinated marketing effort. Here is how this… Read more: Enhancing Marketing Decisions: The Power of Optimized Messaging in Campaign Bundling
- Unleashing Potential: Empowering Individuals through Adaptive SeatingIn the dynamic realm of IT management, where innovation and efficiency are paramount, the concept of adaptive seating is reshaping the traditional office landscape. Beyond the aesthetics, adaptive seating holds the key to unlocking the full potential of individuals, fostering a more productive and comfortable work environment. Ergonomics Redefined As IT managers understand well, long… Read more: Unleashing Potential: Empowering Individuals through Adaptive Seating
- 4 Proven Strategies for Generating High-Quality Business Opportunity LeadsAre you struggling to generate high-quality business opportunity leads for your company? Look no further! In this document, we will discuss 4 proven strategies for successful lead generation that will boost your business. By optimizing your approach, you can attract and convert more potential customers into valuable leads. So let’s dive in and learn how… Read more: 4 Proven Strategies for Generating High-Quality Business Opportunity Leads
- Investing in Drug Testing: How Much Is a Drug Test? Is It Worth the Cost for Your Business?Drug testing has become a common practice in many industries. This is with employers seeking to create a safer and more productive work environment. However, one question that often arises is – how much is a drug test? Is it worth the investment for your business? In this article, we will explore the various factors… Read more: Investing in Drug Testing: How Much Is a Drug Test? Is It Worth the Cost for Your Business?
- The Different Career Paths Available For Social WorkersSocial workers have many career paths to choose from. Over the course of a career, a social worker may decide to work in various roles and location types. Most social work positions require that you earn a master’s degree before applying. Some jobs also require significant field experience or other credentials. The good news is… Read more: The Different Career Paths Available For Social Workers
- How to More Successfully Reach Your GoalsThe ability to regularly and effectively set and achieve personal goals is an incredibly important skill for any adult to develop. It can help you direct your efforts in life and ensure that you are always moving in the direction you want. In fact, the value and benefit of this skillset is so significant that… Read more: How to More Successfully Reach Your Goals
- From Research to Pharmacy: The Journey of Drug CommercializationSo how did this come about, and what has it led to today? Whether it’s on television, in magazines or on the radio, we are bombarded with the latest medicine to help relieve our aches and pains. We’re going to take a look at the journey of drug commercialization and cover everything there is to… Read more: From Research to Pharmacy: The Journey of Drug Commercialization