Dentists solve the toothlessness problem by fixing dentures to ensure you rock that killer smile and your teeth function well. Even so, dentures are not as indestructible as one may think. Some practices may damage your dentures and render them unusable.
Keep reading to know why your dentures may spoil and how you may fix them.
What Can Cause Your Dentures to Spoil?
People struggle with dentures, especially when they are new and unfamiliar with how to use them. It may even result in lousy denture care practices such as;
– Forgetting to take out dentures when going to sleep – Your dentist will recommend that you soak your dentures overnight in a solution that cleans them. Doing this has the advantage of removing stains and bacteria in your mouth.
– Using your regular toothpaste to clean your dentures – The best cleaning agent is toothpaste meant for cleaning dentures since it doesn’t have the abrasive substances found in regular toothpaste.
– Dropping them – They may sometimes fall off your bedside table or bathroom countertop, causing them to chip or crack. If you’re prone to dropping them, consider insulating the floor area where you put them with carpet or a soft towel.
Step-by-Step Process of Denture Repair
It’s a delicate process that requires expertise from a qualified dentist such as those from 3d smile solutions.
Here are the step-by-step procedures they’ll follow to repair your damaged dentures:
1- Readjust the broken piece together, then apply sticky wax along the fractured line to hold the denture in position.
2- Apply a small amount of plaster to the ridgy tissue side of the fractured part.
3- Place the denture on a glass slab containing plaster and wait for the plaster to set within 10 minutes.
4- Remove the denture from the plaster cast using a lab knife, then trim the cast on the model trimmer.
5- Paint liquid foil substitute over the surface of the impression plaster cast and reposition the dentures on the plaster cast.
6- Wet the fractured line with liquid monomer and powder polymer. Repeat the process for both labial and lingual areas.
7- Apply petroleum jelly over the acrylic resin and wait for the denture to dry out for five minutes.
8- Within 10 to 15 minutes, ensure you place the denture in lukewarm water to ensure that it hardens the acrylic resin.
9- Use a laboratory knife to remove the denture from the cast carefully.
10- Use a vulcanite trimming bur and a dental rug wheel to smooth the repaired area.
11- The dentures are ready for use once again.
Is It a Good Idea to Repair or Get New Dentures?
It depends on the extent of the damage. A dentist can fix the simple chips you may get in your dentures. However, extensive damage like huge cracks and breakages or considerable wear and tear may require you to get a set of new dentures.
Whatever the damage, you need your dentures to remain in top condition to avoid the physical discomfort or health risks a broken denture may cause.
If your dentures need fixing, visit this dentist who does dentures and dental crowns in Chandler to get started.
- Why More People Are Using Urgent Care CentersThe healthcare sector is a dynamic one that is constantly changing to suit the needs of patients. For patients in the modern day, urgent care facilities are an excellent illustration of something that was only sometimes present in the healthcare industry. The number of urgent care centers is rising quickly, and it’s no accident that… Read more: Why More People Are Using Urgent Care Centers
- Understanding Comprehensive Food Sensitivity TestingIn today’s health-conscious world, understanding how our bodies react to different foods is crucial. Food sensitivities can be subtle yet impactful, affecting our well-being in various ways. A Comprehensive Food Sensitivity Test, which examines reactions to a wide range of foods, is an invaluable tool in this journey towards better health. This article delves into… Read more: Understanding Comprehensive Food Sensitivity Testing
- Finding Justice In The Pharmaceutical Industry: Prescription Medication Lawsuit GuideEver found yourself or a loved one facing the unexpected side effects of a prescription drug? It’s more common than you think, and navigating the aftermath can be like untangling a ball of string. When medications, which are supposed to help, end up causing harm, knowing your legal rights and options isn’t just smart—it’s essential.… Read more: Finding Justice In The Pharmaceutical Industry: Prescription Medication Lawsuit Guide
- 9 Worrisome Impacts of Stress on Your Health and WellnessStress, in its acute form, can be a useful survival mechanism, triggering the body’s fight-or-flight response. However, when stress becomes chronic, it becomes a silent intruder, seeping into various facets of your life. Sadly, in the modern world, stress has become an unwelcome companion for many. Prolonged exposure to stress can have problematic effects on… Read more: 9 Worrisome Impacts of Stress on Your Health and Wellness
- Introducing GPS trackers for kids with special needsWelcome to the world of GPS tracking for kids with special needs. If you’re a parent or caregiver of a child with special needs, you know the constant worry and fear that comes with not knowing where your child is at all times. With GPS trackers, you can have peace of mind and ensure the… Read more: Introducing GPS trackers for kids with special needs
- Financial Consequences of Gambling Addiction: Rebuilding Your Life After RecoveryGambling addiction is a serious issue that affects millions of people worldwide. While the emotional and psychological toll of this addiction is well-documented, the financial consequences can be equally devastating. This article will delve into the financial devastation often caused by gambling addiction, the importance of getting help from specialists like Birches Health gambling treatment,… Read more: Financial Consequences of Gambling Addiction: Rebuilding Your Life After Recovery