Surrogacy can be an exciting and intimidating journey for the surrogate and intended parents. Several reasons can push someone to opt for surrogacy, such as endometriosis, single parenthood, infertility, or a conscious decision to have someone carry your baby for you.
It’s normal to be anxious and frightened if you’re considering surrogacy. The following guidelines will provide an overview of the six steps involved in your surrogacy journey.
1- Make The Decision
Growing your family through surrogacy is a long emotional journey. Before starting this process, you and your partner should carefully consider the pros and cons. You have to be invested both financially and emotionally.
Educate yourself on the risks involved and assess whether you are ready for a baby financially or if you would consider other options other than surrogacy. It helps to talk to surrogacy agencies and counselors if you are unsure. Once you decide you’re committed to the process, proceed to the next step below.
2- Surrogacy Preparation
Preparation will involve deciding the type of surrogacy you want and the surrogacy professionals you will be working with.
There are two surrogacy options to choose from.
In this type of surrogacy, the child will not be biologically related to the child. Instead, an embryo is created using the intended mother’s egg and the intended father’s sperm. A donor egg and sperm may also be used for same-sex couples. The surrogate then undergoes in vitro fertilization (IVF) in a laboratory.
With traditional surrogacy, the surrogate is the biological mother of the baby she carries. In this method, the surrogate’s own egg is fertilized with the intended father’s or a donor’s sperm using intrauterine insemination (IUI). The surrogate then carries the baby to term.
Keep in mind that every country has different legislation concerning surrogacy. Use the resources at your disposal to find out more about Argentina surrogacy. You will need a surrogacy agency to assist you with the matching, counseling, screening, case management, legal work, and support. A legal attorney will take you through the legal process but may not help with most of the surrogacy agency’s services.
Once you have understood the surrogacy types and the professionals involved, it is time to come up with your surrogacy plan. Your plan will entail your preferred agency or attorney, your donor, your surrogacy goals, whether you have a surrogate in mind or will need matching, and your surrogacy type.
Next, you will start the screening process, including home assessment, child abuse records, and criminal checks. Once your agency is done screening you and approves you for surrogacy, you will start the matching process and find a surrogate mother if required.
When working with an agency, your surrogacy specialist will interview you to get the information they will use to build your profile and create your surrogacy plan. The profile is presented to surrogate mothers or donors looking for surrogacy opportunities.
You can include photographs and additional information to help the potential surrogate know you better. You might also be allowed to browse similar surrogate profiles.
Once you identify a potential match, a meeting or phone call is arranged so that you can further interrogate and ascertain if it is indeed a perfect match. If you feel it’s a good match, you can take the next step in the surrogacy process.
4- Legal Requirements
A legal draft makes the deal official when the surrogate and intended parents agree. Your attorney will explain the legal implications, the compensation as agreed with your surrogate, and possible risks.
You will then meet with your surrogate and her lawyer, and if the draft is agreeable to both parties, you will all sign and make it legal.
Legalizing will give way to the next stage, fertilization, and pregnancy. When the first trimester lapses, your attorney should prepare the pre-birth order that legally recognizes you as the birth parents.
The pre-birth order lets you put your name on the birth certificate and make any medical decisions for your baby.
5- Fertilization and Embryo Transfer Stage
Embryo fertilization, egg retrieval, embryo transfer, and other medical procedures begin at this stage at an agreed medical facility.
After you confirm and can feel the baby’s heartbeat, you will start base compensation and monthly allowance for your surrogate.
It is prudent to give her all the support she needs to ensure a healthy pregnancy while she carries your baby to term.
6- Baby’s Delivery
After going through all the stages above, it is time to meet your baby. Upon discharge from the hospital, you go home with your baby, and the surrogate continues with their life elsewhere. You can choose to maintain a relationship with your surrogate if you wish.
Your surrogacy agency can organize this relationship and offer any support you require after the baby is born.
As you support your surrogate emotionally on the pregnancy journey, you should also prepare yourself psychologically and emotionally for the baby’s arrival and prepare adequately. With all the tips above, your surrogacy journey should be smooth and seamless.
- Revamping Your Fitness Regimen: Lagree Resolutions for 2024Welcome back, fitness enthusiasts! As we step into the promising landscape of 2024, it’s time to lace up those Lagree socks and kickstart the year with a renewed commitment to our fitness goals. As you already know, December is the time to reflect on our Lagree progress and set specific fitness goals for the upcoming… Read more: Revamping Your Fitness Regimen: Lagree Resolutions for 2024
- Understanding Alcohol Abuse and AddictionWhat is alcohol abuse? Alcohol abuse refers to drinking patterns that cause harm to one’s health, relationships, or ability to work. This includes binge drinking and chronic heavy drinking. Potential effects are liver disease, accidents, conflicts with loved ones, mental health issues like depression, and reduced life quality. Recognizing alcohol abuse early enables seeking help… Read more: Understanding Alcohol Abuse and Addiction
- How to Prove Long-Term Disability in Slip and Fall Injuries in Chicago?Slip and fall accidents can result in severe injuries, leading to long-term disability for the victims. When such incidents occur in Chicago, understanding how to prove long-term disability is crucial for seeking compensation and ensuring justice. In this guide, we’ll delve into the steps involved in proving long-term disability in slip and fall injuries in… Read more: How to Prove Long-Term Disability in Slip and Fall Injuries in Chicago?
- Tips and Tricks for Success in Surviving and Thriving in NCLEX BootcampNursing is a vital and challenging profession. As nursing students gear up for the NCLEX bootcamp – they face a test that is both a rite of passage and a gateway to their careers. Succeeding in the bootcamp NCLEX is not just about academic prowess. It’s a test of endurance, resilience, and a strategic mindset.… Read more: Tips and Tricks for Success in Surviving and Thriving in NCLEX Bootcamp
- Targeting Pain: Conditions Treated by Chiropractic Services and Physical TherapyLiving with pain can feel like a never-ending battle where relief seems just out of reach. It’s like having your own personal rain cloud that follows you around, even on the brightest days. But a beacon of hope shines in the healthcare landscape, where practices like Austin Preferred Integrative Medicine offer more than just a quick fix.… Read more: Targeting Pain: Conditions Treated by Chiropractic Services and Physical Therapy
- How to Prepare for Your First Chiropractic SessionIf you’re considering visiting a chiropractor for the first time, it’s important to know what to expect and how to prepare for your initial session. Chiropractic care focuses on spinal care and can provide relief from back and neck pain while promoting overall wellness. By taking a few simple steps to get ready, you can… Read more: How to Prepare for Your First Chiropractic Session