It is not always easy to pinpoint just one exact cause of a suicide, but there are factors and warning signs to learn about and pay attention to. Things like social standing, family background and even genetics can play a role. If someone in the family has committed suicide there is more of a chance that you might consider it. By being aware of the different risk factors people can become better empowered to protect themselves and others. Making use of resources, helplines, a mental health toolkit and such can also help. You can equip yourself with the tools and knowledge you need to get help and make different choices.
Triggering situations to be aware of
Here are some of the types of situations that can lead to someone thinking about suicide and sometimes making an actual effort to commit suicide:
– Having feelings of hopelessness and helplessness and feeling alone as well as being socially isolated. That be real or just perceived or self-inflicted.
– Stressful times such as a loss of job, dropping grades, bullying, the loss of someone you love, parents splitting, a medical diagnosis, impending bankruptcy and so on that is making it hard for you to cope. This is when a behavioral health toolkit might help.
– Having access and talking about means to committing suicide or going out and getting them, pills, guns, rope, knives and so on.
– While substance abuse is not always a sign that someone wants to commit suicide, it can be a trigger.
– Going through a situation where you are being discriminated against.
– Being mentally ill, for example, some people who are depressed may think about suicide. Also people with paranoia, PTSD, psychosis or phobia might too.
– Having a history of mental illness in the family or having issues of addiction, abuse or suicide in the family.
– Some physical illnesses can lead to depression and then possible thoughts of suicide.
– Not getting enough support from loved ones when you need it, especially during difficult times like for example coming out as being gay.
For teens and youths, additional factors where you might turn to a mental health toolkit are;
– Being bullied by peers at school, online, in after-school activities and such.
– Being abused at home by parents or guardians.
– Being in a problematic relationship with a friend or family member.
– Having unprotected sex and catching an STD or becoming pregnant.
– Struggling with sexual orientation or gender issues and having no support.
When certain things happen without proper coping skills and relying on resources and things like a behavioral health toolkit, it can be hard to get through it and some people consider suicide. When you are aware of the factors and situations that might trigger them, you can find help.
The three most common things that occur that lead to suicide are financial issues where you can no longer pay the rent, you are bankrupt, you have lost your job or such, relationship issues like affairs or abuse, and legal concerns like being sued for something.
- Respironics System One Foam FiltersContinuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) therapy has revolutionized the treatment of sleep apnea providing individuals with a reliable solution to maintain open airways during sleep. Central to the efficacy of CPAP machines are their filters which play a crucial role in ensuring that the air delivered to users is clean and free of contaminants. Among… Read more: Respironics System One Foam Filters
- Ensuring a Swift Recovery: Essential Tips and TricksRecovering from surgery or injury can be a challenging journey, fraught with the uncertainty of how to best navigate the path to wellness. It requires not only the body’s natural healing processes but also a proactive approach to care and rehabilitation. The key to a swift and effective recovery lies in understanding the essential practices… Read more: Ensuring a Swift Recovery: Essential Tips and Tricks
- Fitness Foundations: Essential Tips for Building a Lasting Workout RoutineEmbarking on a fitness journey is akin to constructing a building; the strength of the foundation determines the longevity and stability of the structure. In the realm of personal health and fitness, establishing a solid workout routine is crucial for enduring success. However, navigating the vast ocean of advice, workout plans, and diet suggestions can… Read more: Fitness Foundations: Essential Tips for Building a Lasting Workout Routine
- Top 9 Dental Procedures for Healthy TeethDental health is essential to our well-being, and appropriate dental procedures are crucial in maintaining healthy teeth. From cavity prevention to cosmetic procedures, let’s delve into the realm of dental care to discover the most effective ways to keep our teeth healthy. Learn the top nine dental procedures for preventing oral issues and restoring and… Read more: Top 9 Dental Procedures for Healthy Teeth
- Miles & Mentors: A Runner’s Journey with Expert GuidanceIn distance running, the journey from novice to experienced marathoner is often fraught with challenges, setbacks, and, most importantly, moments of profound personal growth. The guidance of a knowledgeable mentor, particularly a running coach, can be transformative, providing technical advice, emotional support, and motivation. This article explores a runner’s journey with expert guidance. The Role… Read more: Miles & Mentors: A Runner’s Journey with Expert Guidance