Are you losing hair during period, and it seems excessive? Or do you worry about a thinning scalp no matter how healthy your hair looks at other times of the month?
When hair gets thin, many women often blame the stress on their periods. But is that really the case?
In the article below, we are going to review the causes of hair loss, be it due to the menstrual cycle or because of some other reason. Keep reading for potential reasons why you might experience hair loss during your period.
Hormones play a significant role in hair growth and shedding. During the menstrual cycle, there are fluctuations in hormone levels, particularly estrogen and progesterone. These hormonal changes can impact the hair growth cycle, leading to increased hair shedding.
If you are experiencing excessive hair loss during your period, you can contact these hair restoration experts. They offer thorough workup, diagnosis, and treatment for all forms of hair loss.
Iron Deficiency Anemia
Losing hair during your period could be caused by iron deficiency anemia. The condition occurs when the body fails to produce enough red blood cells, resulting in an inadequate supply of oxygen to cells, including those found in hair follicles.
Treatment includes iron supplementation, along with lifestyle changes such as an increase in intake of nutrient-rich foods like eggs, spinach, and legumes.
Stress can impact hormone levels and disrupt the hair growth cycle, leading to hair shedding. Many individuals experience increased stress levels during their menstrual cycle, which could contribute to hair loss. Reducing stress levels during periods can be a great way to keep hair from falling out.
A balanced diet is crucial for maintaining healthy hair. If your diet lacks essential nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, and proteins, it can contribute to hair thinning and shedding.
Eating a balanced diet rich in essential vitamins and minerals can help to keep the hair healthy and strong. Drinking plenty of water throughout the day and getting adequate sleep can help preserve the healthiness of the hair.
Your genetic makeup can also play a role in your susceptibility to hair loss. If you have a family history of hair thinning or pattern baldness, you might be more prone to experiencing hair loss.
Thyroid imbalances, such as hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism, can affect hair growth and cause hair loss. Thyroid issues might coincide with menstrual cycle-related hair loss.
Other signs of a possible underlying thyroid issue include fatigue, weight gain or loss, increased sensitivity to cold, heat, or long-term irritability. If you’re experiencing excessive hair loss associated with your period, it’s best to speak to your doctor.
Losing Hair During Period? A Few Tips to Minimize It
Are you losing hair during period? There is no one specific solution to preventing hair loss during menstruation. However, following a healthy diet and lifestyle habits can help reduce hair loss.
Additionally, avoid taking certain medications, such as birth control and hormonal therapy, and speak to a healthcare professional about other ways to reduce hair loss. Taking action now can help you regain your beautiful hair.
For more on this topic, check out the rest of our blog.
- Top 9 Dental Procedures for Healthy TeethDental health is essential to our well-being, and appropriate dental procedures are crucial in maintaining healthy teeth. From cavity prevention to cosmetic procedures, let’s delve into the realm of dental care to discover the most effective ways to keep our teeth healthy. Learn the top nine dental procedures for preventing oral issues and restoring and… Read more: Top 9 Dental Procedures for Healthy Teeth
- Miles & Mentors: A Runner’s Journey with Expert GuidanceIn distance running, the journey from novice to experienced marathoner is often fraught with challenges, setbacks, and, most importantly, moments of profound personal growth. The guidance of a knowledgeable mentor, particularly a running coach, can be transformative, providing technical advice, emotional support, and motivation. This article explores a runner’s journey with expert guidance. The Role… Read more: Miles & Mentors: A Runner’s Journey with Expert Guidance
- Revamping Your Fitness Regimen: Lagree Resolutions for 2024Welcome back, fitness enthusiasts! As we step into the promising landscape of 2024, it’s time to lace up those Lagree socks and kickstart the year with a renewed commitment to our fitness goals. As you already know, December is the time to reflect on our Lagree progress and set specific fitness goals for the upcoming… Read more: Revamping Your Fitness Regimen: Lagree Resolutions for 2024
- Understanding Alcohol Abuse and AddictionWhat is alcohol abuse? Alcohol abuse refers to drinking patterns that cause harm to one’s health, relationships, or ability to work. This includes binge drinking and chronic heavy drinking. Potential effects are liver disease, accidents, conflicts with loved ones, mental health issues like depression, and reduced life quality. Recognizing alcohol abuse early enables seeking help… Read more: Understanding Alcohol Abuse and Addiction
- How to Prove Long-Term Disability in Slip and Fall Injuries in Chicago?Slip and fall accidents can result in severe injuries, leading to long-term disability for the victims. When such incidents occur in Chicago, understanding how to prove long-term disability is crucial for seeking compensation and ensuring justice. In this guide, we’ll delve into the steps involved in proving long-term disability in slip and fall injuries in… Read more: How to Prove Long-Term Disability in Slip and Fall Injuries in Chicago?