Between standing, walking and exercising, our feet can become tired or sore after a while. While you should always seek professional medical help should symptoms be severe, there are some natural or at-home solutions you can try to help reduce the pain.
Here we’ve come up with four remedies to help relieve the soreness in your feet and have you back to normal in no time.
Ditching your everyday shoes can be highly beneficial for improving foot circulation and aiding the nourishment of muscles, bones and nerves. It can also ease and reduce swelling.
In addition, it has the potential to improve the strength and flexibility of the ligaments and muscles of the foot. This has been linked to an improvement in posture and balance and a reduction in injuries.
Start walking barefoot on soft surfaces like grass, sand and carpet, so as not to injure the feet further. If it’s a nice dry day outside, go for a short walk outside and stop if you begin to feel any pain. If you don’t feel comfortable walking totally barefoot, a pair of barefoot shoes can alleviate this problem whilst still providing the same benefits.
Soak the Feet
Soaking the feet in a warm foot bath can be soothing, so long as the water isn’t too hot. Adding Epsom salts can help to relieve sore muscles and can also reduce any swelling. You can make an Epsom foot bath by simply adding one cup of Epsom salts to lukewarm water.
Submerge the feet and soak for around 20 minutes. Make sure to properly moisturise the feet afterward to ensure they don’t become irritated or cracked.
Stretch and Repeat
Doing some basic stretching each day can help to reduce soreness. You can target specific areas like the heel or your toes or you can focus on the entire foot. The following exercises are great for increasing flexibility and reducing cramping:
– Flex the toes, pointing them outward and curl them for a few seconds. Aim to repeat this ten times
– Sit down and extend your legs. Move the toes around. Point the toes toward your body and then away. Then, move the ankles in clockwise and anti-clockwise circles
– Stretch the feet by moving your weight from your heel to your toes. Do this by lifting the back of your feet off the ground using the front while standing
The RICE Method
If your foot pain is a result of injury, RICE may be necessary. This is particularly beneficial for ankle sprains. These simple self-care steps are effective in reducing pain and swelling and speeding up the healing process:
Rest – Make sure to take pressure off the injured foot to avoid further injury
Ice – Apply an ice pack to the injured area and leave for 20 minutes
Compression – Use an elastic wrap to prevent and control swelling
Elevation – Raise the foot and ankle slightly, if possible, to avoid swelling
- Bridal Spa Package: 6 Benefits of Getting a Pre-Wedding MassageAre you about to get married? Are you wondering, “Is a prewedding massage a good idea?” If so, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll examine the benefits of getting a bridal spa package. As you can imagine, there are plenty of them, which makes the service well worth looking into, … Read more
- Choosing the Right Pharmacy for Your FamilyLiving in the heart of Clarksville, Tennessee, presents numerous choices for every aspect of life. And when it comes to the health and well-being of your family, making an informed decision about which pharmacy to trust becomes essential. Here’s a guide to help you through this choice. 1- Proximity Matters: Convenience in Times of Need … Read more
- Battle of the Boosters: Total War Pre-Workout vs Big Noise Pre-WorkoutAre you prepared to work out more? Pre-workout supplements should boost motivation and focus so you can work harder. The best training gear can be hard to choose with so many possibilities. Simple comparison: Total War Pre-Workout and Big Noise Pre-Workout are the two most popular pre-workout supplements. To help you, we’ll provide each supplement’s … Read more
- GLASGOW’S NADCELL CLINIC: WHERE YOUR HEALH MATTERS MOSTIn the bustling heart of Glasgow, a beacon of healthcare excellence shines bright – the Nadcell Clinic. With a legacy spanning over three decades, Nadcell Clinic has earned its reputation as a healthcare institution where your well-being truly matters. A Commitment to Excellence Nadcell Clinic’s journey began in 1990 when Dr. Nadia Henderson, a visionary … Read more
- What to Look for When Choosing a ChiropractorDo you have that niggling pain in your back or that stubborn stiff neck that just won’t budge? If so, we get it! According to the WHO’s report, In 2020, 619 million people around the world had lower back pain. It’s believed that this number will go up to 843 million by 2050. Shocking, isn’t … Read more
- Mole Removal: When to Refer Patients to DermatologistsMoles are common skin growths that are usually harmless. However, some moles can be a cause for concern, especially if they change in size, shape, or color. In some cases, moles may need to be removed for medical or cosmetic reasons. This is where dermatologists come in. Understanding Moles Moles are growths on the skin … Read more