Improving healthcare on the macro scale through solving problems such as nurse’s union strikes over pay and long treatment waiting lists will require systemic change.
But on the micro-level, improving the quality of healthcare is something that each individual practice can take into their own hands.
In this article, we’ll share how you can improve your healthcare practice.
Focus on Training
Healthcare is a complex and varied field. Because of this, healthcare workers need to be skilled in a variety of tasks – depending on myriad factors such as the type of care that is being provided and each individual’s specific responsibilities.
Inadequate training increases the chances that something can go wrong while delivering care to patients. So, improving the standard of training in your practice is one of the key ways you can improve the standard of your healthcare practice.
When patients check in to a healthcare facility, their safety is the last thing they should have to worry about. Since they’re in a vulnerable position already, your practice needs to do everything possible to make them feel safe and secure.
There are a number of measures you can take to ensure this, including:
- Installing video surveillance
- Setting up an access control system
- Screening visitors
- Hiring and training an effective security team
Streamline Data Management
Data management is an important part of delivering quality levels of care. On the one hand, it’s important from the standpoint of compliance with UK data protection regulations and giving your patients the peace of mind that their sensitive information is being handled properly.
Yet it can even have a bearing on how your healthcare practice actually functions, helping your staff be more efficient and ensuring that evidence-based decisions are factored into your operations.
Regardless of whether the records themselves are kept physically or electronically, it’s vital you take measures to streamline your practice’s data management. For instance, you could upgrade your cabinet filing system, using secure, self-closing drawer runners from suppliers like RS. Alternatively, you could invest in a new software system.
Create a Culture of Improvement
Understand that the quality of your healthcare practice isn’t likely to change overnight, nor is any one change going to be the answer. The key is to implement a number of strategically chosen measures over a period of time. And for this to be effective, every member of your healthcare practice will need to be onboard.
That’s why it’s so important that you foster a culture of improvement. You’ll need to incorporate this throughout the different facets of your organisation, ranging from day-to-day care delivery to new recruit onboarding. It’s one of the more challenging aspects of improving your healthcare practice – but when done right, it’s also the most rewarding.
- 5 Budget Tips for Equipment in Your Ultrasound FacilitySaving money on ultrasound equipment can help you improve your business and provide better healthcare services to patients. Fortunately, you don’t have to jump through hoops to find reliable, accurate, and efficient equipment at a fair price. Discover five budget tips for medical equipment in your facility. 1. Consider Refurbished Equipment Buying refurbished equipment can […]
- What Is a Nurse Preceptor?If you wish to advance your career in nursing, then nursing preceptorship may be a good option. Nurse preceptors act as teachers or mentors to new nurses and enable them to learn about their roles and the nursing industry in greater detail. If you wish to become one, then knowing what your job role will […]
- What Is An Online Post-Master’s DNP Program?A DNP (Doctor of Nursing Practice) is an advanced degree for nurses that wish to become teachers, nurse leaders, or APRNs (Advanced Practice Registered Nurses). A post-master DNP is also commonly known as the MSN-DNP degree. The best part is that currently, several institutions offer a post masters DNP online program that enables students to […]
- What To Expect When Getting Your Online Clinical Nutrition DegreeIf you’re considering an online clinical nutrition degree, you’ve come to the right place. An online degree can open opportunities for those looking to further their education and career prospects. But before you commit yourself to an online degree, it’s essential to understand what is involved in the process and where this type of program […]
- Safeguarding Your Mental Health Practice Management with Software: A Guide to HIPAA ComplianceProtecting patient privacy is crucial in the mental health industry, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) enforces strict confidentiality laws to safeguard sensitive patient information. HIPAA requires the creation of national standards to protect patient health information from being disclosed without their consent. Any violation of HIPAA regulations can result in significant […]