Many aspects of a hospital or healthcare facility demand specific attention to detail, especially concerning design and function. However, corridors – arguably the most multifunctional and essential areas within the building – are often under-prioritized. As a result, these haphazardly-designed hallways negatively impact administration productivity and the quality of patient care. Read on to learn helpful tips for optimizing your healthcare facility’s corridors and ensuring greater success for your staff and patients.
The Importance of Facility Corridors
Time and again, the healthcare world gets reminded of the sheer importance of facility corridors. During our most recent pandemic, countless hospitals and clinics across the globe were utilizing their hallways as lifesaving, additional patient care spaces. And this isn’t an uncommon phenomenon – throughout human history, corridors have helped support in-need individuals in times of immense healthcare strain.
Most of the time, these hallways support the flow of doctors, nurses, staff, patients, and other essential people and objects. Even in these mundane moments, corridors are critical to the facility’s success. Disorganized, overcrowded halls are harder to navigate and potentially hazardous. More importantly, this impedes traffic, placing more stress on staff and leaving less time for patient care.
Tip I: Utilize Corridor Storage
Corridors are fast-paced, chaotic environments that require enough space for various forms of traffic. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t utilize this space as additional storage for your facility. With the proper organization equipment and tools, you can easily stash essential documents, medications, and related medical items in accessible locations. Certain types of wall-mounted medical workstations and storage cabinets are thin enough to fit perfectly in hectic corridors. Plus, these devices help make your halls multifunctional by providing adequate temporary work surfaces for staff.
Tip II: Implement Facility Mapping
Some healthcare clinics and facilities are simply too large, making them confusing spaces for staff and visitors alike. Without guidance, it’s easy for unproductive traffic to overcrowd corridors spaces. If hallway flow is a significant issue for your building, consider implementing facility mapping elements for visual assistance. With clear and readable imagery relating to the clinic’s layout present, individuals can quickly and confidently get to their proper destinations. Plus, elements like indoor mapping make your facility more inviting for patients.
Tip III: Enhance Corridor Lighting
Facility corridors must always remain clean and clutter-free. However, many clinics often neglect lighting conditions throughout these transition spaces. First and foremost, hallway lighting must be bright enough to eliminate any potential contact accidents. However, lights with extensive glare can strain an individual’s eyes and even interfere with uniform distinction by creating shadows and visual disruptions. We recommend highly-diffused LED lighting for facility corridors thanks to the longevity of LED technology and the pleasant, high-quality lumen production.
Follow these tips for optimizing your healthcare facility’s corridors to ensure better safety, atmosphere, and productivity. When in doubt, consider consulting with a professional design contractor or business for additional advice and assistance when designing layouts.
- Improving Dental Practice Revenue with Strategic Analytics: A Deep DiveThe business of running a dental practice is evolving in the digital age, shifting from gut instinct to data-driven decisions. The toolkit of the modern dental practitioner is not merely a well-calibrated probe and a steady hand but also the power of analytics. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore the world of dental practice analytics,… Read more: Improving Dental Practice Revenue with Strategic Analytics: A Deep Dive
- The Vital Role of Pelvic Ultrasound in Gynaecology: Unveiling Hidden ConditionsIn the realm of gynaecology, pelvic ultrasound emerges as a cornerstone diagnostic tool, pivotal in the early detection and management of a spectrum of conditions that affect women’s reproductive health. This non-invasive imaging technique plays a crucial role in unveiling conditions such as ectopic pregnancies, ovarian cysts, Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), fibroids, and endometriosis, among… Read more: The Vital Role of Pelvic Ultrasound in Gynaecology: Unveiling Hidden Conditions
- Drugs and Wellness: Navigating the Role of Medications in Primary HealthcareWhen it comes to maintaining our health, primary care is often the first line of defense. A symphony of factors, from lifestyle adjustments to medical interventions such as preventative medicine, come together in this crucial arena. But let’s zero in on one particular section of the orchestra – medications. They often play a dual role, acting… Read more: Drugs and Wellness: Navigating the Role of Medications in Primary Healthcare
- Shape Lives by Becoming a Personal Trainer and NutritionistHalf of all U.S. adults will be overweight by 2030. That’s a scary statistic. But it’s also an opportunity for you to make a difference in people’s lives. Becoming a personal trainer and nutritionist is a great way to help people reach their fitness goals. You will work with clients, helping them set goals and… Read more: Shape Lives by Becoming a Personal Trainer and Nutritionist
- How the Litter Stretcher Revolutionized Emergency Medical ServicesWhether you are camping in the wilderness or responding to a disaster, having the right tools can make all the difference in emergencies. One essential tool that is often overlooked is a litter stretcher. A litter stretcher, also known as a rescue stretcher or Stokes basket. It is a lightweight and durable device used to… Read more: How the Litter Stretcher Revolutionized Emergency Medical Services