The comfort and safety of seniors in nursing homes depend on the care and improvements of the facility. Find out some new ways to make them better.
Family members entrust the staff and administration of nursing homes to take proper care of their loved ones. There’s a lot of criticism that circulates around nursing homes, making people sometimes hesitant to consider them. Not every facility operates the way it should, but that doesn’t mean yours needs to operate the same. Here’s how to make nursing home facilities better.
Hire Appropriate Staff
You need to screen every member of the staff—no excuses. But more importantly, you need to ensure that most members of the staff are registered nurses. Some nursing homes don’t hire nurses to manage the residents. This isn’t ideal.
When there are issues with one of the residents, the staff member needs to know how to treat their problems. Moreover, when there are rotations of the staff, make sure the previous member updates the new replacement. Everyone needs to know what new developments transpired the day before so that they know what their role is for the remainder of their shift.
Improve the Facility
Don’t neglect the upkeep of the facility. There are areas that need updates. Letting problems fester and not finding solutions endangers the staff and residents of the nursing home. Try to have a monthly maintenance crew come out to check areas like plumbing, electrical, and the HVAC system.
Also, consider having some updates and enhancements done to make the building easier to access and safer for everyone. For example, installing an automatic sliding door for your building is a nice improvement for visitors and staff members and can improve the safety of your nursing home. Make sure you also have cameras installed at the entrance for safety and recognition.
Partner With Hospitals
There will be some issues that the members of the staff can’t handle. That’s fine because they shouldn’t do everything. For serious medical emergencies, you need to partner your facility with a hospital.
This is an easier solution than sending residents over to the hospital when an emergency occurs. By partnering with a hospital, the hospital will have the medical history of the patients, and you can schedule a mode of transportation to pick up and drop off the patients.
What are the new medical developments you need to be aware of? Medical professionals always need to do plenty of research because new illnesses, cases, and solutions happen every day. Try to stay current with as much information as possible. And make your staff aware, too.
Hold monthly meetings for news and notes. There should always be a constant flow of communication between everyone in the building. Also, offer monthly training sessions for anyone on staff who wants to brush up or improve their skills. Consider making a few of them mandatory.
Nursing home facilities are places for seniors to rest, relax, and feel cared for. They can’t have these feelings without proper improvements to make the facilities better.
- How to increase your healthcare facility efficiency and productivity for a better ROI in 2021?Success in any organization starts with the management role of driving this organization to success via professional management, healthcare facilities are complex in nature due to the complexity of medical procedures, daily operations and the need for a lot of specialties who provide services that fulfill all patient needs. For a better management of your… Read more: How to increase your healthcare facility efficiency and productivity for a better ROI in 2021?
- Discover the top 3 keys of healthcare marketing successDo you want your healthcare marketing to take off and get much more of your ideal new patients, let us go over the three keys of marketing success for healthcare providers, no matter how your prospective patient had heard about you, insurance listing you cover, recommendation by your existing patients, referred by other physicians, or… Read more: Discover the top 3 keys of healthcare marketing success
- Top 3 Reasons Patients Don’t Enroll in Clinical Trials WorldwideIf you have been in or near the research industry for any period of time, you know that there is a huge gap between the patients we need and the patients interested in pursuing clinical research.
- Why America Needs Independent PhysiciansA startling trend over the past few decades has led to a record low number of independent physician practices in this country
- CBAHI for Healthcare Facility Accreditation in Saudi Arabia Ultimate GuideThe Saudi Central Board for Accreditation of Healthcare Institutions (CBAHI) is the official authority that is authorized to grant quality certificates to all health facilities
- The Most Important Patient Consent Documents Needed for Medical RecordsIn health settings, nobody can guarantee positive consequences, but informed consent ensures that patients understand at least the risks involved in their therapy. It’s the law, too. If patients accept treatment, they have to sign a patient informed consent that explains the risks and if necessary, doctors can take certain life-saving measures. Ensuring a good… Read more: The Most Important Patient Consent Documents Needed for Medical Records