Getting all the nutrition we need solely from our diets is not always easy. This is especially true if we aren’t eating the right foods or have more dietary restrictions. But healthy aging whether you are a child or an adult requires getting proper vitamins and minerals into your system daily.
That is why the supplement and health industry is so big. But not all supplements are good for you or made with the best ingredients. Sometimes even when they are clean, our bodies don’t absorb them well. Consider the example of UMZU’s nitric oxide booster! Completely natural and quality ingredients. You don’t have to worry about things snuck in there.
This is why looking at natural supplements can be the best option. There are tons of benefits and they add tremendous value to our lifestyle.
Understanding What Natural Supplements Are
Natural supplements are products made from completely natural ingredients. This includes such herbs, vitamins, minerals, or other botanicals. These supplements can come as a pill, capsule, or powder and can be bought over the counter since they are natural.
The key is that the ingredients are not chemically synthesized like pharmaceutical drugs. It’s a more holistic approach to health and wellness.
Benefits of Adding Natural Supplements To Your Routine
– Natural supplements help us fill nutritional gaps in our diets. It’s incredibly difficult to get all the nutritional vitamins and minerals we need from our food. This is especially true if you aren’t eating a farm-to-table diet.
– We can look to many different natural supplements that help fight off disease and boost our immune systems. A few to consider are vitamin C, zinc, and echinacea. They all are immune boosters.
– Chronic inflammation has been linked to a number of health problems, including heart disease, arthritis, and diabetes. Omega-3 fatty acids, turmeric, and ginger have anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce the amount of inflammation our bodies take on.
Some natural supplements such as chamomile, valerian root, and magnesium are great destressors. Stress, as we get older, is a major contributor to health issues.
– Probiotics and digestive enzymes are great for our gut health. When we have a healthy gut it impacts other areas positively such as mood.
Examples of Natural Supplements
While we have named a few natural supplements to consider, let’s take a deeper dive. It’s important to know that taking natural supplements on their own will not fill the nutritional gaps. Supplementing them with a healthy diet that is balanced as well as regular exercise is critical.
1. Multivitamins are one of the most common supplements. They are a combination of different vitamins and minerals that is like a one-stop shop. It’s important to find high-quality options with natural ingredients because not all multivitamins are natural.
2. We mentioned Omega-3 fatty acids above. They are essential fats that play a big role in brain function, heart health, and reducing inflammation in the body. The most common sources can be found in fish oil supplements or if you are vegan, flaxseeds and chia seeds.
3. Probiotics are necessary for your digestive system. They are live bacteria that aid in helping digestion. Mostly you will find them in fermented foods like yogurt or taken as a supplement.
4. Vitamin D levels fall in the winter. Having enough vitamin D is important for healthy bones and a strong immune system.
5. Magnesium is a mineral that assists in many bodily functions, including nerve and muscle function, blood sugar control, and energy production.
6. Adaptogens are your de-stressors. They are often herbs that can help the body adapt to stress and are an overall wellness supplement. Consider ashwagandha, Rhodiola, and ginseng.
7. Green tea extract has powerful antioxidants. Taking this can help support cardiovascular health, brain function, and weight management.
It’s important to remember that adding any supplements whether natural or not, to consult with your doctor. While natural supplements don’t normally pose an issue with medications, ensuring your current diet will adjust well to the addition of any supplement is important for your health and safety.
Understanding Your Diet and Natural Supplements
Taking natural supplements is the idea that you can piggyback off a good diet to top off what you aren’t getting. Imagine that you are looking to get 100% of the needed amount of Omega 3 fatty acids. Let’s say eating fish gets you 70% there. Taking a natural supplement can give you the missing 30%.
This is the primary role and function of taking all-natural supplements. When you ingest them by themselves a poor diet won’t help you fill the gaps. It will be better than getting no nutrition at all but our primary intake is through food.
Start exploring where you can squeeze in different natural supplements. This is the easiest way to get started.
- 10 Tips to Help You DetoxDetoxing has become a popular trend in recent years, as people seek to rid their bodies of toxins and impurities. Detoxing can take many forms, from juice cleanses to fasting to eliminating certain foods from your diet. However, it’s important to approach detoxing with caution, as not all methods are safe or effective. In this […]
- The Benefits of Prebiotic and Probiotic Supplements for a Healthy GutAre you tired of feeling bloated, gassy, and uncomfortable after every meal? Are you constantly battling diarrhea or constipation? If this sounds like you, then it’s time to consider taking prebiotic and probiotic supplements for a healthy gut. These supplements can work wonders on your digestive system, providing numerous benefits that will leave you feeling […]
- The Complete Body Transformation: How to Get in the Best Shape of Your Life in LondonAre you ready to embark on a remarkable positive mental boosting journey and achieving the best shape of your life? Look no further than a laser sharp customised body transformation London. So, why customise it? Simply because one size fits all doesn’t work and never this. Then, maybe you are at a stage in your […]
- The Importance of Aftercare: Continuing Support After TreatmentRehabilitation treatments can effectively provide the help and support someone needs to successfully recover from addiction. However, treatment doesn’t stop with aftercare; it is important to continue care even after the individual has left rehab through activities such as 12-Step programs or therapy. Aftercare helps provide structure for everyone who has undergone rehabilitation. It also […]
- The Power of Restorative Treatments: Regain Your Dental ConfidenceDental anxiety is a common phenomenon that can affect people of all ages. Whether it is due to a past traumatic experience or a fear of needles, dental anxiety can keep individuals from seeking necessary dental care. As a result, oral health issues can worsen over time, leading to more complex and costly dental treatments. […]
- Oxygen Supply: Empowering Health and VitalityIn the midst of a global health crisis, there is a growing awareness of the importance of maintaining a high level of physical health and well-being. At the heart of this awareness lies the essential role of a constant supply of oxygen to the body. Adequate oxygenation is critical for the normal functioning of every […]