The UK market for contact lenses is one of the biggest in Europe. According to recent figures published by Statista, almost 8.5% of the total population uses contact lenses, with 5.2% wearing them daily. We’ve outlined a few of the main benefits of using contact lenses – especially if you’re considering switching over from glasses for the first time.
Why choose contact lenses?
Unlike glasses, contact lenses sit directly on the surface of your eye, known as your cornea.
As a result, they provide you with a more natural field of view, without anything to obstruct or restrict your peripheral version. Above all, they’re almost invisible and much more discreet than glasses: to anyone else, it’s impossible to know that you’re wearing them.
Aside from correcting some of the most common vision problems – including short- and long-sightedness – wearing contact lenses can also reduce the complications of astigmatism, a curvature of the eye that causes blurred vision.
Do contact lenses hurt?
Clear Contact lenses Prescription shouldn’t hurt at all. When they’re used correctly, they should be comfortable to be worn for hours at a time – with pain-free insertion and removal too.
However, some users might experience mild discomfort. If you’re unsure how to put your contact lenses in your eyes correctly, don’t hesitate to contact your healthcare provider for some advice.
And if you’re suffering from an infection or any irritation, it’s a good idea to wait until you’ve recovered before using contact lenses.
What are contact lenses good for?
Leading an active lifestyle
If you participate in sport or lead an active lifestyle, contact lenses provide greater freedom and flexibility. Unlike glasses, they won’t bounce around on your face; they’re lighter and less obstructive; and they won’t interfere with headwear if you participate in contact sports.
Contact lenses increase your field of vision, making them a much more suitable choice for driving. Additionally, ordinary lenses on glasses might cause distracting reflections at night. Contact lenses remove this extra worry, and they’re also available with blue-light and UV blocking technologies.
But when it comes to driving, the biggest benefit of contact lenses is their ability to help with quick reactions, offering an improved field of vision.
Wearing contact lenses allows you to show off your whole face.
You won’t need to worry about clashes between the style of your glasses and your outfit, nor will you think about your frames being trendy. If you’ve fallen out of love with your glasses or you’d just like to make a change to your looks, opting for contact lenses could be a sensible decision.
Lastly, if you’re clumsy or forgetful, wearing contact lenses instead of glasses could help to make your life just that little bit more convenient. Before switching over, just make sure that you’re comfortable with your decision.
- Seasonal Change And How it Impacts AnxietyYou might have observed that the weather affects your mood. You feel depressed and worn out on a dreary, rainy day or pleased and more energized on a bright day. Depending on the individual, the weather may affect our well-being differently. Some individuals like chilly, snowy days, while others prefer hot summer days. No matter […]
- How to Maintain Dental Health on a BudgetDentistry has come a long way in the last few years. Dentists are able to provide more services with less invasive procedures, and they have more tools at their disposal than ever before. As technology improves, so does the quality of dental care available to Americans: but that doesn’t mean it’s cheap! You can spend […]
- Four tips for maintaining the results of your BBLIn the last few years, Brazilian butt lifts have become the most popular plastic surgery and are at an all-time rise. It has caught everyone’s attention as the procedure gives you a wholesome curvaceous body, letting you have the perfect hourglass figure. A Brazilian butt lift gives you a voluptuous body by taking out excess […]
- What is Narcissistic Abuse, and How to Recover From It?Narcissistic abuse is a type of emotional abuse. A narcissist thinks that everyone is beneath them and that they are superior to others, and thus they try to manipulate others by abusing them. The manipulation can take the form of insults, accusations, gaslighting, emotional blackmail, withholding, sabotage, etc. Through all this, the abuser changes the […]
- Five Safe & Effective Optional Surgical Procedures Women Should ConsiderBeverly Hills, California, is known for its high beauty standards, where residents and visitors aspire to look their best. The city is filled with luxurious spas, salons, and other establishments devoted to the aesthetic arts. The frequent presence of celebrities, models, and different public personalities who embody the perfect image of beauty reinforces the desire […]
- Thrombophlebitis: Causes, Symptoms, and TreatmentsThrombophlebitis is a condition characterized by inflammation of the veins, especially in the legs. It is usually caused by a blood clot that forms and clogs the vein, causing swelling and pain. Understanding the symptoms can help you manage the condition and reduce the risk of developing more severe complications. This guide will help you […]
- Things To Consider Before Getting Cosmetic SurgeryThe popularity of cosmetic surgery has risen in recent years. With so much advancement in technology, the industry has vastly grown, offering various procedures and surgeries that can fix physical defects and cosmetically alter features. Most people opt for cosmetic surgery to improve their appearance, so they can look and feel their best. The most […]