For any healthcare provider, patient or client satisfaction is increasingly important. Far more vital than many who own these types of businesses realize. Recently, the RepuGen Patient Review Survey 2021, found that 3 in 4 patients prefer healthcare providers with a minimum star rating of 4 or more. So, clinics, hospitals, spas, dentists, and other types of healthcare practitioners must take this aspect of their business seriously.
Fortunately, there are lots of things they can do to keep their patients happy, which in turn prompts them to leave good reviews. Including tapping into the power of digital signage. Now, we know some of you are currently scratching your heads asking – how on earth can digital signage be used to improve patient experiences. That statement does sound surprising, but by the time you have read this article, you will have discovered six ways screens can be used in clinical settings.
To Help People to Navigate Your Premises
Nobody likes to get lost. Using digital signs is a good way to help patients and visitors find their way around a facility.
To Keep Patients Better Informed
Patients do not like being left in the dark. They want to know where they are in the queue, what the expected wait time is and to be kept up to date about things that affect them. For example, changes in the billing process or details of repair work that could affect how the clinic operates. Digital screens are a great way to share this type of important information with them.
To Distract and Occupy Them
People do not like waiting. It is very stressful. The longer they wait the more agitated they become. This is not good for their health and can mean that by the time they get to see the doctor or practitioner, they are too tense to benefit fully from the consultation. Providing patients with something to look at while they wait is an excellent way to distract them.
Often, if they are able to watch a series of short videos about your services, health matters, and other related subjects they will not realize how much time has passed. However, clinics do need to be careful when using this approach. The cycle of content that is shown needs to be long enough for the patient not to end up watching it multiple times. If that happens most people will feel that they have been waiting longer than they physically have.
To Inspire Change
When they are in a health care setting people´s mindset changes. They are less distracted by what is going on around them and are more focused on matters related to health. This means that they are far more open to receiving, taking in, and acting upon health messages. It is really easy to use digital screens to run effective health improvement campaigns. The fact that the message can be shared using text or moving images helps to make them even more effective.
To Share Details of Other Treatments They Could Benefit From
When someone is at reception or in the waiting room you have their attention. Anything that is shown on the screens in these areas is highly likely to catch people’s eye. Making them the perfect place to share more details of what your clinic has to offer.
Often, patients will learn about something else that could benefit them. Even if they do not decide to book another consultation there and then, there is a good chance that they will do so in the future.
To Take Care of People in an Emergency
Should there be an emergency, what is being displayed on the screens can be changed very quickly. This makes it easy for you to share important messages with people to keep them safe and reduce any feelings of anxiety that they may be experiencing.
To Improve Staff Communication and Performance
The more closely clinicians, practitioners, and support staff work together the better patient service will be. Digital screens can be deployed in backroom spaces to help with this. Many clinics and hospitals use them to share important process changes with their staff or to remind them of the importance of the role that they play in patient care.
They are increasingly being used to help clinicians stay up to date about new treatment options. Armed with this knowledge they can greatly improve health outcomes for patients while also improving their job satisfaction.
Digital screens are not expensive to install and run, according to digital signage experts mandoemedia.com. Something that means that those clinics and hospitals that do deploy them quickly get their money back.
- Different Types Of Eye Conditions And The Surgical Treatments AvailableEye conditions can vary in symptoms, intensity, and severity. It’s important to familiarize yourself with different eye conditions and their treatments. If you experience visual impairment or discomfort, visit an optometrist or ophthalmologist for examination and diagnosis. Medical procedures, such as laser surgery or corneal transplantation, may be recommended. Gibran Khurshid MD, will discuss eye… Read more: Different Types Of Eye Conditions And The Surgical Treatments Available
- Understanding Medical MalpracticeMedical malpractice is a complex and sensitive issue that arises when healthcare providers fail to meet the accepted standard of care, resulting in harm to patients. In this article, we delve into the intricacies of medical malpractice, shedding light on the key components, challenges, and the pursuit of justice for those affected. Defining Medical Malpractice… Read more: Understanding Medical Malpractice
- Care for Accident Victims: 6 Essential Healthcare Rights Every Accident Victim Should KnowAccidents, unforeseen and distressing, thrust victims into a realm of physical injuries, emotional turmoil, and myriad challenges on their journey to recovery. In the aftermath of a Texas accident, comprehending your healthcare rights becomes paramount for securing the necessary care and support. This article seeks to illuminate six fundamental healthcare rights, guiding every Texan accident… Read more: Care for Accident Victims: 6 Essential Healthcare Rights Every Accident Victim Should Know
- How a Car Accident Lawyer Can Make Your Recovery Easier?Car accidents are something that can affect you mentally, physically, and of course, financially. It can happen to anyone at any time and anywhere. Those who meet with accidents go through a really tough time. They’re already dealing with physical injuries, and the cost of medical bills also takes a toll on their mental health.… Read more: How a Car Accident Lawyer Can Make Your Recovery Easier?
- Crisis to Recovery: A Comprehensive Examination of Addiction Treatment ModalitiesGetting your diagnosis of drug addiction requires a thorough examination and often includes an assessment by a psychiatrist, a licensed alcoholic, a psychologist, and a drug counselor. Overcoming an addiction and remaining drug-free requires a persistent effort. Most therapists and mental health professionals use criteria in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) for… Read more: Crisis to Recovery: A Comprehensive Examination of Addiction Treatment Modalities