Dentistry has lots of new technology that they implement into their treatment plans. Learn more about these high-tech options for your smile.
One of the biggest advancements in dental technology is the digital X-ray. But have you ever wondered about other amazing advancements in dental technology? Do you want to know about the evolution of this field? Did you know that 3D printing can now be used to create full-sized teeth replacement models? Your dentist can create entire virtual mouths that they can view in detail. And it’s not just adults who benefit from this kind of technology: kids with braces can use the new technology to improve their experience and outcome.
1. Advanced Braces
People have multiple options to straighten their teeth without the metal of traditional braces; Invisalign uses virtual technology to create a model of your mouth. Clear plastic aligners are designed to shift your teeth into place over time. This advancement allows them to be removable and replaceable as needed during that time frame.
Traditional braces still exist, so there’s no need to worry if you want to go old school with this technology. Combined with regular dental hygiene care, braces can move crooked teeth into alignment naturally for a beautiful, healthy smile.
2. Laser Dentistry
Laser dentistry is a new type of dental treatment that uses lasers to remove plaque and whiten teeth. This amazing advancement in dental technology makes it easier for dentists to treat patients without causing pain or discomfort. Laser dentistry is more efficient than other methods. Coverage from insurance policies makes them affordable.
3. Virtual Reality
Virtual reality refers to a computer-generated environment with which people can explore and interact. VR is used in many industries, including healthcare, education, entertainment, and now your local dentist’s office.
Virtual reality is a training tool for dentists who want to learn about various procedures. It’s also an educational tool for patients interested in learning more about their dental care options. Dentistry has just begun to use virtual reality technology as it relates to dental procedures.
4. 3D Printing
3D printing is a process that creates a physical object from a digital model. This technology is being used in all sorts of industries, from medicine to construction.
3D printing has also found its way into the dental industry and has greatly impacted tooth repair. Dentists can create customized crowns that fit perfectly on each patient’s tooth using this technology. This model can be used to create many custom-made dental devices, such as a crown, a bridge, or even veneers.
Look Your Best
While many treatments and tools are available to help improve your smile, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. If you want to improve your smile or oral health, or if you’re looking for a new way to enhance your appearance, dental technology may be able to assist you. The best approach is to talk with your dentist about what they recommend, and what technology is available. And then make an informed decision based on their professional opinion.
- How State Regulations in Rx Drug Manufacturing Influence Patient Access and AffordabilityThe intricate web of state regulations governing Rx (prescription) drug manufacturing profoundly affects the pharmaceutical landscape. At first glance, these regulations might seem daunting or cumbersome, but when analyzed closely, their impacts often resonate with the goals of improved patient access and affordability of essential medications. Through this lens, we’ll explore the positive ways in […]
- How to Increase Your Lab’s Efficiency and ProductivityIn the scientific world, with each and every scientific advancement the pressure to produce timely and accurate results has never been greater. Whether it’s the academic corridors filled with researchers chasing the next big revelation or biotech corporations seeking innovations, there’s an ever-growing quest to refine and escalate their laboratory outputs. It’s understandable that in […]
- Prioritize Your Business Network Security: 5 Expert Safety TipsDo you take the security of your business network seriously? Do you think about how accessible your information is online? If not, you should. A network breach can inflict irreparable damage to your business and put your customer data at risk. The best way to protect yourself is to prioritize business network security. Keep reading […]
- What To Look For in Healthcare Software Solution CompaniesTechnology is changing the landscape of the healthcare industry at a rapid speed. Think about how we now use apps to book doctor’s appointments or websites to check our health records. For those working in healthcare, using the right software can make jobs easier, help care for patients better, and even save costs. But with […]
- Unlocking Insights: The Power of Healthcare Analytics in Transforming Medicinal PracticesIn a world that increasingly thrives on data, the healthcare sector stands as a prime benefactor of this digital renaissance. As we step into an epoch marked by data-driven medicine, a compelling shift is underway. Statistic shows the size of the global big data analytics services market related to healthcare in 2016 and a forecast […]