Cosmetic dentistry is all about making you look good and feel good with your teeth. Improving the appearance of your teeth can make you feel more confident and help you build better self-esteem. In turn, you can be happier with yourself, which could help improve your quality of life.
Aside from that, cosmetic dental procedures like dental veneers can also help improve the health of your teeth. Dental veneers are thin porcelain shells bonded to the front of your teeth. This cosmetic dental procedure improves the look of your smile, closes gaps between your teeth, covers the discoloration, and strengthens teeth. If you’re willing to invest in this procedure, consider checking the cost of porcelain veneers in Columbia, MO, to give you an overview.
Once you do so, you can take advantage of the five modern advances that improve the appearance and feeling of having dental veneers, which include the following:
1- Additive Manufacturing
Additive manufacturing is a technique that uses a digital model to build up layers of materials—usually plastic. The process is often used to print small items like jewelry and figurines, but it can also be used in dentistry to create crowns, veneers, and other dental prosthetics.
However, this advancement wasn’t until recently that the technology began to be used for cosmetic purposes. Nowadays, a dentist can use 3D printing technology to create a custom-made dental veneer for the patient’s needs. This process saves time and money on both ends of the treatment process. Aside from that, they can have a better cosmetic result than traditional methods of producing these items.
2- Digital Imaging Technology
To create a comfortable, customized fit for your new veneers, the dentist will need an accurate impression of your teeth and gums. Unfortunately, traditional teeth impressions can be uncomfortable and time-consuming to perform. In turn, they won’t be able to show you precisely how to customize your veneers, which might affect their appearance.
With digital imaging technology, your dentist can take photos of your smile and then use the images to create a 3D model used as a guide for making your new veneers. This process provides greater accuracy than traditional methods of taking impressions that require wax or plaster molds made directly from the teeth.
3- Improved Bonding Materials
The tooth bond should be applied to evenly distribute across the tooth’s surface to avoid any stress concentration points on any part of its surface. Aside from that, your dentist has to apply this material with care so that it won’t damage the surrounding gum tissue or the pulp chamber, which is the hollow cavity within each tooth.
With innovative advances like laser bonding, modern dental bonding agents are now robust and durable to help maintain your dental health. With a laser tool, dentists can now bond porcelain to the surface of your teeth with accuracy. This procedure allows them to create a seamless connection between two materials, so there’s no need to add more adhesives.
Furthermore, this technology helps ensure that each porcelain piece fits perfectly on your teeth. Because these materials are bonded to the tooth structure, they can withstand toothbrush abrasion, food particles, and even biting pressure. As a result, the dental veneer can last many years without requiring additional repair or replacement.
4- Better Color Matching
The appearance of a dental veneer is affected by the color of the teeth surrounding it. The color of your dental veneers will also depend on how much tooth structure you have left and its shape. The more tooth structure you have, the better the result will be. If there’s not much tooth structure left, it may make it difficult for dentists to apply a veneer that matches your other teeth.
The best way to achieve a natural-looking smile is through color matching. Composite resin options are available that match shades more closely than ever before. Besides that, dentists can now use the latest technology, like shade matching through digital shade analysis, to ensure that the veneers will look as natural as possible. So, you never have to worry about a noticeable color difference between your natural teeth and your new veneers. And you can enjoy a more natural-looking smile without sacrificing durability and strength.
5- Performing In-Office Impressions
Before, dentists couldn’t make teeth impressions in the office, which required them to spend extra time to ensure accurate measurements and create a precise mold of your teeth. This traditional method forces you to have more visits for adjustments, which can cause additional discomfort and expense on your end.
With modern technology like in-office impressions, you can prevent inconvenient adjustments on your newly-installed dental veneers. When a dentist creates an imprint of your teeth, they can see precise measurements of your teeth and match them to the dimensions of their dental veneer models. In addition, they can ensure adequate support under each tooth so that they don’t put additional pressure on existing enamel as they place the final product on top of your teeth.
As someone planning to get dental veneers, you must ensure the effectiveness of your procedure and the durability of the materials. Therefore, you should look for a dentist that uses these modern advances to enhance the look and feel of dental veneers. Doing so makes you more comfortable in the long run without sacrificing the appearance of this layering material.
- Affording Addiction Rehab: Navigating the Financial Barriers to TreatmentAddiction rehab is a serious matter, as many people are becoming addicted because of one or the other reason. You will be alarmed to know that according to the National Center for Drug Abuse Statistics (NCDAS), 50 percent of the population aged above 12 years have used addictive substances at least once in their life. […]
- 7 Natural Solutions for Treating Insomnia and Improving Your Sleep QualityWhen insomnia becomes chronic, it can take a toll on your mental and physical health. If you’re suffering from persistent sleeplessness, finding the right treatments to help improve your sleep quality is essential. Fortunately, natural approaches to treating insomnia can have a positive effect. In this blog post, we’ll discuss seven proven strategies for naturally […]
- Eating Disorder Patients are being Failed in the UKAn eating disorder is a mental health condition where the afflicted person uses the control of food to cope with negative feelings. The types of eating disorders include anorexia nervosa, bulimia and binge eating disorder. Each of these conditions can become debilitating for the person affected unless they have the right care and treatment. Who […]
- 7 Medically Proven Benefits of Taking MultivitaminsIt’s no secret that vitamins are essential for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Studies have shown numerous benefits to taking multivitamins, ranging from improved mental focus and energy levels to better skin and hair. This article has explored the top seven medically proven health benefits of taking multivitamins every day. Boosting Your Energy Levels Multivitamins contain […]
- Is Turkesterone A Steroid? Key Facts You Must KnowWith increasing technological advancements, there were many scientific studies based on steroids. However, these studies took place on consumers and slowly examined the effects of steroids on the user. There were many cases of them affecting users in a worse manner and producing side effects in the user. In some cases, these steroids also cause […]
- Why Build a Private Gym at Home? Our Tips and AdviceBuilding your own gym is one of the best ways to help reach your fitness goals without needing to leave your home. Going to the gym can be stressful, time-consuming, and exhausting – let alone inconvenient when you can’t use the right equipment. If you’ve got a little extra space or an empty garage, you’re […]