Focus on Rapid Urbanization, growing GDP, Ease of doing business, increasing healthcare budget and Improvement in quality of life are a major factor contributing towards the development of Clinical Laboratories Market in Philippines.
Poor Internet and lack of resources
The Philippines is a country with one of the slowest internet speeds in the world. Additionally, the cost of internet is also high in Philippines. A 2020 Digital Quality of Life Index ranked the Philippines 82nd in internet affordability out of 85 countries.
And there is huge scope of development of health infrastructure. There are new technologies available globally that automates various procedures and increase the capacity of a laboratory. During Covid-19, a lot of patients couldn’t be tested at the right time due to the dearth of covid testing kits.
Brain Drain and Lack of Affordability
Filipinos are well-educated and skilled but a lot of health workers migrate to other countries which leads to a dearth of health workers in the Philippines.
And Universal Health Policy is still a blank box for many people. Various healthcare tests are still costly for people who prefer to not get tested as the cost of getting examined is high and people can’t afford it.
Request for Free Sample Report @ Kenresearch
E-Health and Technological Advancements
E-Health is emerging in the Philippines especially after the pandemic. More number of patients can be catered through online mode. It reduces paperwork, errors and makes it easier to create awareness.
And Healthcare industry in Philippines is gradually adopting advanced technologies to automate procedures and to diagnose and treat complex health issues.
Regulation of Health Professionals
The Philippines is known as one of the best suppliers of quality health workers who are highly skilled professionals. There are separate government bodies that are responsible for the training and professional development of health professionals.
The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) prescribes standards for quality health science education and the health science curriculum and regulates public and private higher education institutions in the country.
The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) is responsible for promoting credible licensure examinations of health professionals and ensuring effective regulation of professional practice.
Analysts at Ken Research in their latest publication “Philippines Clinical Laboratory Market Outlook to 2027F- Driven by increasing awareness, widening customer base, digitalization and increasing corporate requirements for clinical testing” by Ken Research observed that the Clinical Laboratory market is an emergent healthcare market in Philippines at a growing stage from the economic crisis after the pandemic.
The rising government policies and demand for medical attention, health consciousness among the population along with government initiatives is expected to contribute to the market growth over the forecast period. The market is expected to grow at a 8.99% CAGR during 2022-2027F owing to the newer delivery models and new government policies.
Key Segments Covered in the report: –
Philippines Clinical Laboratories Market
- Organized Labs
- Unorganized Labs
By Payor- Independent Labs
- Out of Pocket
- Private Health Insurance
By type of reference
- Doctor Referrals
- Corporate Clients
- External Referrals
- Online Referrals
By Number of Tests- Independent Labs
Ask for Customization @ https://www.kenresearch.com/ask-customization.php?Frmdetails=NTk2MTg4
By Institutional Character
By Level of services
Number of Labs- By Region
- Region 1 (ILOCOS)
- Region 2 (CAGAYAN VALLEY)
- Region 3 (CENTRAL LUZON)
- Region 4A (CALABARZON)
- Region 4B (MIMAROPA)
- Region 5 (BICOL)
- Region 6 (WESTERN VISAYAS)
- Region 7 (CENTRAL VISAYAS)
- Region 8 (EASTERN VISAYAS)
- Region 9 (ZAMBOANGA PENINSULA)
- Region 10 (NORTHERN MINDANAO)
- Region 11 (DAVAO)
- Region 12 (SOCCSKSARGEN)
- Region 13 (CARAGA)
Key Target Audience
- Clinic Service Providers
- Clinic Equipment Distributors
- Clinic Equipment Manufacturers
- Healthcare Companies
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Tourism Agencies
- Government Bodies & Regulating Authorities
- Market Research and Consulting Firms
Time Period Captured in the Report:
- Historical Period: 2017-2022P
- Base Period: 2022P
- Forecast Period: 2023F-2027F
- Hi- Precision
- The Medical City
- Medicus Diagnostics
- Singapore Diagnostics
- New World Diagnostics
- Medi card
- Aventus Medical Care
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Pre-covid Health statistics of Philippines
- Infectious Diseases in Philippines
- Government Initiatives in Healthcare
- Covid Impact and Responses
- Cross Comparison of ASEAN Countries
- WHO International Health Regulation capacity score: Laboratory
- Categorization of Non-Hospital based Laboratories and number of units in Philippines
- Evolution of Clinical Laboratory Industry
- Ecosystem of Philippines Clinical Laboratory Market
- Value Chain of Clinical Laboratory Industry
- Market size of Philippines Clinical Laboratory Industry, 2017 – 2022
- Market Segmentation, 2022P
- Trends and Developments in Philippines Clinical Laboratory Market
- Growth Drivers in Philippines Clinical Laboratory Market
- Issues and Challenges in Laboratory Industry
- Government Regulations in Laboratory Industry
- Decision making Parameters of Customers
- SWOT Analysis
- Next Generation Laboratory Technology Trends
- Competition Scenario of Philippines Clinical Laboratory Market
- Market share of Major players
- Future Outlook and Projections, 2022-2027E
- Analyst Recommendations
For more insights on market intelligence, refer to the link below: –
Related Reports BY Ken Research: –
- The Growing Need to Introduce Yoga Therapy in HospitalsDid you know that yoga means a union between the mind, body, and soul? It is an ancient form of physical healing tracing back 3000 years ago. Yoga improves or balances mental focus and eases body pain. Since the 18th century, its popularity has risen; now, over 36 million Americans perform yoga daily. Today, yogic … Read more
- How to Identify the Right Healthcare Franchise for Your Investment StrategyAre you an investor looking to capitalize on the ever-growing healthcare industry? Investing in a medical franchise can be a great way to diversify your portfolio and take advantage of ever-changing trends in the sector. To help you make the right choice, we’ve compiled this guide outlining all the key factors that will inform your … Read more
- Global Diagnostic Imaging Services Market to Grow by CAGR of ~6% During 2023 – 2033Research Nester published a report titled “Diagnostic Imaging Services Market: Global Demand Analysis & Opportunity Outlook 2033” which delivers a detailed overview of the global diagnostic imaging services marketin terms of market segmentation by product, application, end-user, and by region. Further, for the in-depth analysis, the report encompasses the industry growth indicators, restraints, and supply … Read more
- What You Need to Know About Big PharmaWhen you trip and hurt your knee in real life, you take some pain medication and it starts to feel alright again. The same goes for the bruises you got when you were little – a trip to the pharmacist and you’ve got a nice soothing cream. Sounds lovely, doesn’t it? There’s a darker side … Read more
- Best Healthcare Businesses That Don’t Require a DegreeStarting a business in the healthcare industry can be a rewarding and profitable venture,but it’s not always necessary to have a degree to be successful. Here are a fewexamples of healthcare businesses that can be started without a degree: 1- Medical Billing and Coding Medical billing and coding is a necessary aspect of running a … Read more