Over the last couple of years, we’ve seen a 54% increase in the number of people electing to undergo some form of plastic surgery or tweakment, making it big business and something that is seen as a go-to anti-aging method – even more so than using products or rejuvenating spa treatments.
When it comes to cosmetic procedures and high-level skincare, we’re often met with a bewildering list of products and techniques that can be used. Choosing either off-the-shelf products, or consulting a clinician can result in a huge amount of choice which often means making the right decision is fraught with tensions.
We’re more than halfway through 2023 now, but at this point, it’s a great place to step in and see what clinicians and plastic surgeons are actually saying about key trends and the advice they’re giving to their clientele.
The influence of influencers
Social media influencers are the people that many men and women look to when they’re trying to find the right aesthetic treatment for themselves and over the last year, clinicians such as the American Society of Plastic Surgeon’s Dr Gregory Greco have stated that trends are turning more towards understated, less noticeable tweakments and work.
Natural is the watchword, as celebrities turn away from procedures like the BBL (Brazilian Butt Lift) and opt for things like smaller breast implants, too. It’s a surgical intervention that doesn’t look like you’ve had anything done…
Body shaping, tightening and contouring
Clinicians are also seeing a shift to more non-invasive treatments and enhancements. Over the last few years, one of the hottest topics in this arena has been growth factors.
Procedures such as the O-Shot use these to transform the lives of women who have been experiencing issues with the health of their vagina, either post-childbirth or through peri-menopause and menopause. They’re used to tighten and enhance the skin, bring back sensation and with that, over time libido. A great option to consider for those who don’t want to do anything too invasive, but feel like they need to reclaim their sexual health.
Liposuction is still popular
Even all these years on, liposuction is still a popular form of cosmetic surgery, but what’s becoming more noticeable are the places on the body in which clients actually want the procedure carried out!
According to Ashley Amalfi MD, clients are taking a more proactive approach to the areas they want to see shaped and contoured – and are choosing places like the lower leg and ankle to have this surgery. Amalfia says it’s a way of fine-tuning and shaping the body in a way that looks natural, for clients who are already taking good care of themselves in other ways, but just want to look and feel their absolute best.
The way forward seems to be natural is best – whether that’s the use of procedures that utilize growth factors, or simple tweaks and enhancements that produce the very best version of you. Clinicians are all for it and clients are loving the results.
- Revamping Your Fitness Regimen: Lagree Resolutions for 2024Welcome back, fitness enthusiasts! As we step into the promising landscape of 2024, it’s time to lace up those Lagree socks and kickstart the year with a renewed commitment to our fitness goals. As you already know, December is the time to reflect on our Lagree progress and set specific fitness goals for the upcoming… Read more: Revamping Your Fitness Regimen: Lagree Resolutions for 2024
- Understanding Alcohol Abuse and AddictionWhat is alcohol abuse? Alcohol abuse refers to drinking patterns that cause harm to one’s health, relationships, or ability to work. This includes binge drinking and chronic heavy drinking. Potential effects are liver disease, accidents, conflicts with loved ones, mental health issues like depression, and reduced life quality. Recognizing alcohol abuse early enables seeking help… Read more: Understanding Alcohol Abuse and Addiction
- How to Prove Long-Term Disability in Slip and Fall Injuries in Chicago?Slip and fall accidents can result in severe injuries, leading to long-term disability for the victims. When such incidents occur in Chicago, understanding how to prove long-term disability is crucial for seeking compensation and ensuring justice. In this guide, we’ll delve into the steps involved in proving long-term disability in slip and fall injuries in… Read more: How to Prove Long-Term Disability in Slip and Fall Injuries in Chicago?
- Tips and Tricks for Success in Surviving and Thriving in NCLEX BootcampNursing is a vital and challenging profession. As nursing students gear up for the NCLEX bootcamp – they face a test that is both a rite of passage and a gateway to their careers. Succeeding in the bootcamp NCLEX is not just about academic prowess. It’s a test of endurance, resilience, and a strategic mindset.… Read more: Tips and Tricks for Success in Surviving and Thriving in NCLEX Bootcamp
- Targeting Pain: Conditions Treated by Chiropractic Services and Physical TherapyLiving with pain can feel like a never-ending battle where relief seems just out of reach. It’s like having your own personal rain cloud that follows you around, even on the brightest days. But a beacon of hope shines in the healthcare landscape, where practices like Austin Preferred Integrative Medicine offer more than just a quick fix.… Read more: Targeting Pain: Conditions Treated by Chiropractic Services and Physical Therapy