Scientists, researchers, and doctors are pushing hard to obtain a better understanding of how to fight, treat, and cure cancer. In this article, we explore the different types of technologies being used to fight cancer and what the future may hold for those desperately seeking help.
Telehealth became the new norm when the novel coronavirus changed how patients sought their providers. Everyday health needs, physical exams, and non-emergent treatments can funnel through telehealth programs, maintain physical facility health standards, and minimize exposure risks.
This advance in technological health care also opened new doors for fighting cancer and allowed more patients to stay home and receive their care. Providers can maximize the safety of their patients and place virtual visits on demand. Additionally, patient monitoring systems with remote access create efficiency for providers and increase in-home chemotherapy plans.
Genetic alterations, medically known as gene editing, are revolutionizing the cancer care sector. With the help of CRISPR, one of the biotech industry’s most innovative tools, scientists and researchers can now do the unimaginable and edit the genetic coding of a live cell.
CRISPR acts like a pair of medical scissors with a strand of DNA and implants, edits, or erases gene adaptations with precision. Though CRISPR is relatively new for cancer treatment and research, it is used as an immunotherapy tool to better treat or understand various forms of cancer. It also helps scientists understand how treatments interact with genes.
Artificial intelligence evolves every day with more insights and offerings. Medically speaking, the goal of AI is to create a digital duplicate to begin studying various genetic formations and sequences. This evolution allows researchers and scientists to study and recreate treatments and biological systems to understand their interactions within a live cell better. The primary objective is to apply all learned data to more personalized and well-rounded treatment plans.
Many handheld cameras will capture spectacular photos, but none can compare to the images captured with cryo-electron microscopy. Cryo-EM is one of the different technologies being used to fight cancer as it captures images of molecules with incredibly high-resolution rates and helps inform researchers about the various molecule behaviors that take place. These distinct behaviors pave the path for cancer treatment plans and how well they will or won’t work and interact on a molecular level.
Infinium Assay Workflow
Infimum Assay Workflow is the distinct study and analysis of SNPs, or single nucleotide polymorphisms. SNPs are among the most common genetic modifications. Researchers use this data to help map and understand the genetic formations that play a role in specific cancer developments and interactions within a patient’s genetic workflow. Infinium Assay is breaking barriers in research, understanding, and ancestry applications. Medicine has come a long way, with an even longer road ahead. One thing is for certain: technological advancements are breaking barriers in how we discover and understand various cancers and treatments.
- Upstream and Downstream Processes in BiotechnologyThe development of viral vectors is an important part of modern biotechnology, as it is required for the development of gene treatments and vaccinations. It entails intricate upstream and downstream processes, each with its own set of obstacles and necessitating specialist knowledge. From the first phases of viral cultivation to the most complicated purification processes,… Read more: Upstream and Downstream Processes in Biotechnology
- A Closer Look at Devices and Tools Streamlining Patient Care TodayTechnology has impacted the healthcare industry to a tremendous degree. From MRIs to Robotics, everywhere we look today in clinics, we see some tech device or software streamlining patient management. And we cannot be more thankful. Because thanks to technology, more diseases can be diagnosed and managed much more efficiently. From cutting-edge diagnostic tools to… Read more: A Closer Look at Devices and Tools Streamlining Patient Care Today
- Smart Healthcare: How Technology Enhances Profitability in Health CentersIn the digital age, where almost every aspect of our lives is connected with technology, healthcare is no exception. It’s something we don’t often think about, but it’s at the forefront of some of the most exciting tech advancements. So what does this mean for you? Now, you might be thinking, “How exactly is all… Read more: Smart Healthcare: How Technology Enhances Profitability in Health Centers
- Is Total Laboratory Automation The Future Of Microbiology?Total laboratory automation is considered to be a game changer in the world of clinical laboratories. These innovative systems are revolutionising the way laboratories perform and are being rolled out in clinical labs around the world. In this article, we’re going to outline the pros and cons of total laboratory automation (TLA) and highlight how… Read more: Is Total Laboratory Automation The Future Of Microbiology?
- Breaking Down the Different Types of Ultrasound Imaging: A Comprehensive GuideHave you ever had an ultrasound before? Whether it’s for a stomachache or other conditions, it’s become an essential tool in modern medicine. But while this non-invasive method allows doctors to peek into the body and set a diagnosis, you might wonder, what are the types? If so, you’ve come to the right place! Here’s… Read more: Breaking Down the Different Types of Ultrasound Imaging: A Comprehensive Guide